Introduction to Catholic Scripture
This week you will learn why and how you should begin the practice of reading the Bible daily.
Author and itinerant missionary Meg Hunter-Kilmer says daily reading of scripture inspires a greater appreciation of Church tradition and a more robust understanding of Christ. Hunter-Kilmer has been sharing her reflections on daily scripture on Instagram for two years. She explains how her life of faith has been changed by using the Bible as an anchor for her daily prayer.
Fr. William L. Burton, OFM, says that many Catholics are hesitant to read scripture because they assume they'll get it wrong, but even scholars sometimes get it wrong. Burton explains there are surprises on every page of the Bible and encourages every Catholic to keep God's Word as their constant companion.
Stephen J. Binz explains how the practice of Lectio Divina deepens the presence of God within us to become more like Jesus Christ in our daily lives.
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Hardcover)$49.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Imitation Leather)$59.95
- Becoming Women of the Word$16.95
- Pray for Us$18.95
- Transformed by God’s Word$16.95
- Abba Isn’t Daddy and Other Biblical Surprises$16.95
- Bible Basics for Catholics$16.95
- New Testament Basics for Catholics$17.95
- Psalm Basics for Catholics$15.95
- Just Rest$16.95
- Our Not-Quite-Holy Family$15.95
Don't forget to follow Ave Maria Press on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and the hashtag #AveExplores for the most up to date information.