Reading The Old Testament
Week two focuses on understanding the Old Testament: its Jewish origins, the covenants, and praying with the Psalms.
Sr. Josephine Garrett, CSFN, shares her vocation story and discusses how living in community and praying the Liturgy of the Hours have been sources of joy and consolation in her life as a religious sister. She challenges all of us to let scripture—especially the Psalms—become a regular part of our lives.
Andrew Glicksman, chairman of the theology department at the University of Dallas, discusses his love of the Old Testament and explains how studying the sacred text brings about a greater appreciation for the New Testament and the story of Jesus.
Anthony Pagliarini, assistant teaching professor in the department of Theology at the University of Notre Dame, explains how to read the Old Testament in light of the New Testament.
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Hardcover)$49.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Imitation Leather)$59.95
- Transformed by God’s Word$16.95
- Just Rest$16.95
- Pray for Us$18.95
- Bible Basics for Catholics$15.95
- New Testament Basics for Catholics$17.95
- Psalm Basics for Catholics$15.95
- Becoming Women of the Word$16.95
- Our Not-Quite-Holy Family$15.95
Don't forget to follow Ave Maria Press on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and the hashtag #AveExplores for the most up-to-date information.