Overcoming Distractions During Mass with Shannon Wimp Schmidt
May 20, 2022 | 38 min.
Have you ever been distracted by the many sights and sounds at Mass? Shannon Wimp Schmidt, a mother who also has more than a decade of experience in youth and parish ministry, says you can overcome distractions by building holy habits and engaging in contemplative prayer.
Listen now on
Shannon Wimp Schmidt is cohost of the Plaid Skirts and Basic Black podcast, co-author of Fat Luther, Slim Pickin's: A Black Catholic Celebration of Faith, Tradition, and Diversity, and a founding member of the Board of Directors of Catholics United for Black Lives. She has more than a decade of experience in youth and pastoral ministry.
- Real Presence$14.95
- Becoming Eucharistic People$14.95
- One Sunday at a Time$24.95
- Eucharistic Adoration$14.95
- Gifts of the Eucharist$12.95
- Meditations before Mass$13.95
- The Power of Daily Mass$14.95
- Befriending St. Joseph$13.95
- A Deacon Prays$14.95
- The Crisis of Bad Preaching$17.95
- Fat Luther, Slim Pickin’s$17.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Imitation Leather)$59.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Hardcover)$49.95
Based on Your Listening
|How the Laity Can Prepare for Mass with Fr. Joshua Whitfield||The Latin Mass and Novus Ordo with Fr. Tim Grumbach||Called to Create with Christie Peters from Every Sacred Sunday||Cultural Experiences in Mass with Fr. Ajani Gibson|