- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Parish Book Program
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Employment Opportunities at Ave Maria Press
Curriculum Sales and Marketing Manager
Ave Maria Press, a ministry of the United States Province of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is a leading Catholic publisher of books in the areas of prayer and spirituality, pastoral ministry, and adolescent catechesis. We are currently seeking a Curriculum Sales and Marketing Manager to join our marketing department.
This position is responsible for the management, sales, marketing, and analysis of the Catholic High School Curriculum publishing category. The Curriculum Sales and Marketing Manager will work closely with all managers of the Sales, Marketing, and Editorial departments internally and school and diocesan contacts externally. The ideal candidate for this position will have very strong sales and analytical abilities.
- Assist in shaping AVE’s message regarding Catholic high school curriculum program.
- Meet sales expectations
- Provide a thorough analysis of sales efforts
- Participate in development of promotional materials and creating promotional schedules for communicating with teachers.
- Conduct surveys, initiate research, coordinate focus groups and roundtable events, analyze, report and make recommendations based on findings.
- Develop key contacts (decision makers) throughout the U.S. within various diocesan offices, Catholic high schools, Catholic organizations and textbook distributors.
- Play a key role in developing new video content for our eTextbooks. Seek out new opportunities and actively produce and/or edit content as needed.
- Represent AVE at exhibits, conferences, teacher meetings and workshops (regular travel required, including weekends).
- Participate actively in acquisition and launch meetings regarding product, marketing plans, etc.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field. Undergraduate/graduate work in Theology preferred.
- A minimum of five years relevant experience required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with video production and/or editing software preferred.
- Salesforce or CRM experience preferred.
- Must be organized and self-motivated to initiate and complete tasks and projects without close supervision.
- Outstanding analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Actively practicing Catholic.
Ave Maria Press has an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, and a professional environment. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position located in Notre Dame, Indiana. Qualified individuals should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Pattie Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelance Book Proofreader
Ave Maria Press is looking for skilled freelance proofreaders with knowledge of and experience in the following categories: high school textbooks and teacher manuals, parish resources, and books on prayer and spirituality.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in reviewing page proofs.
- Proofreading experience in Catholic or religious topics, using The Chicago Manual of Style and a house style guide.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, theology, or religious education.
- Thorough knowledge of the Catholic Church.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to the Senior Managing Editor.
Ave Maria Press regularly has internship opportunities throughout the year, including the summer. We look for students pursuing disciplines that are a fit with our needs: English, Philosophy, Theology, Marketing, Communications, and Graphic Arts and Design, to name a few possibilities.
Internships are for individuals currently enrolled in a degree program with an accredited educational institution. Our goal is to provide exposure to the various opportunities within the Catholic publishing industry. Interns from Ave Maria Press have gone on to secure permanent jobs in the publishing industry.
For more information, please contact our human resources manager.
Ave Maria Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer that follows all Federal and State Compliance laws regarding employment practices, including all aspects of the Title VII Federal employment law that pertain to our organization.