- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Employment Opportunities at Ave Maria Press
Parish Marketing Coordinator
Ave Maria Press, a ministry of the United States Province of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is a leading Catholic publisher of books in the areas of prayer and spirituality, pastoral ministry, and adolescent catechesis. We are currently seeking a Parish Marketing Coordinator to join our marketing department.
This position is responsible for coordinating all activities related to the Ave Maria Press pastoral ministry product category. This includes planning and implementing innovative sales and marketing efforts utilizing social media, e-mail, webinars, and other forms of digital technology as well as conventional sales and marketing tools including catalogs, direct mail, and phone sales.
The Parish Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop overall marketing plans for our Pastoral Ministry line. He or she will also strategize with authors to develop and implement marketing plans for their books using both digital technology and conventional sales tools.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the marketing manager to develop parish ministry marketing plans and then implement and report back on the results of the plans.
- Plan and lay out the pastoral ministry e-mail campaigns, printed materials, and online promotions.
- Coordinate and represent Ave Maria Press at exhibits, conferences, and conventions.
- Develop key contacts within various diocesan offices, parishes, and Catholic organizations.
- Conduct customer surveys, initiate industry research, and coordinate focus groups and roundtable events to further help us understand and better serve Catholic parishes in the United States.
- Field daily e-mail and phone correspondence with pastoral leaders.
- Regularly collect and analyze sales data, customer reports, and market share.
- Strategize with authors to develop marketing plans for their books. Be responsible for special sales for author events in the parish market, creating flyers and promotional materials for authors, and coordinating author book signing at parishes, Catholic organizations, and diocesan offices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- 1–3 years marketing experience.
- Creative, self-starting, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate for and represent Ave Maria Press at exhibits and conferences around the country.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Have a thorough understanding of the religious publishing industry to be able to make recommendations regarding acquisitions of new titles.
- Actively practicing Catholic preferred.
Ave Maria Press has an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, and a professional environment. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position located in Notre Dame, Indiana. Qualified individuals should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Pattie Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ave Maria Press regularly has internship opportunities throughout the year, including the summer. We look for students pursuing disciplines that are a fit with our needs: English, Philosophy, Theology, Marketing, Communications, and Graphic Arts and Design, to name a few possibilities.
Internships are for individuals currently enrolled in a degree program with an accredited educational institution. Our goal is to provide exposure to the various opportunities within the Catholic publishing industry. Interns from Ave Maria Press have gone on to secure permanent jobs in the publishing industry.
For more information, please contact our human resources manager.
Ave Maria Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer that follows all Federal and State Compliance laws regarding employment practices, including all aspects of the Title VII Federal employment law that pertain to our organization.