- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Year of Mercy
- Parish Book Program
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Employment Opportunities at Ave Maria Press
We are seeking a creative and dedicated self-starter to join our successful marketing team. The Coordinator will be responsible for helping to implement marketing plans for the consumer, trade, parish, and school markets.
The Coordinator will work closely with the Direct Marketing Manager and the rest of the marketing department.
- Work in conjunction with the Direct Marketing Manager to coordinate direct marketing efforts, to develop and produce marketing flyers, advertisements, and promotional pieces.
- Assist with the development, creation, maintenance, and reporting of marketing driven e-mail broadcasts.
- Assist with the coordination of promotional material between marketing personnel and freelance designers and proof readers.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns independently and on a team.
- Provide detailed marketing plans with timelines and specific information about campaigns for books, conferences, and sales opportunities.
- Track and analyze the success of marketing campaigns for titles, authors, and seasonal events.
- Provide content for social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Provide insight and feedback with team to develop marketing plans and products for the parish market.
- and some
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Creative, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to coordinate and represent Ave Maria Press at exhibits and conferences around the country.
- Strongly proficient in MS Office and e-mail, internet search, and database systems.
- Experience with Social Media sites, e-mail service provider platforms, and graphic editing is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- 2–3 years marketing experience.
- Actively practicing Catholic preferred.
Ave Maria Press was established in 1865 as a major Catholic book publisher when the visionary Holy Cross priest Edward Sorin, who had founded the University of Notre Dame twenty-three years earlier, started the Ave Maria magazine. Today Ave Maria Press is recognized as a leader in publishing Catholic high school religion textbooks, parish resources, and books on prayer and spirituality.
Ave Maria Press offers an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, and a professional environment. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position located in Notre Dame, Indiana. Qualified individuals should send their resume and salary requirements to Pattie Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum Sales and Marketing Manager
Ave Maria Press, a ministry of the United States Province of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is a leading Catholic publisher of books in the areas of prayer and spirituality, pastoral ministry, and adolescent catechesis. We are currently seeking a Curriculum Sales and Marketing Manager to join our marketing department.
This position is responsible for the management, sales, marketing, and analysis of the Catholic High School Curriculum publishing category. The Curriculum Sales and Marketing Manager will work closely with all managers of the Sales, Marketing, and Editorial departments internally and school and diocesan contacts externally. The ideal candidate for this position will have very strong sales and analytical abilities.
- Assist in shaping AVE’s message regarding Catholic high school curriculum program.
- Meet sales expectations
- Provide a thorough analysis of sales efforts
- Participate in development of promotional materials and creating promotional schedules for communicating with teachers.
- Conduct surveys, initiate research, coordinate focus groups and roundtable events, analyze, report and make recommendations based on findings.
- Develop key contacts (decision makers) throughout the U.S. within various diocesan offices, Catholic high schools, Catholic organizations and textbook distributors.
- Play a key role in developing new video content for our eTextbooks. Seek out new opportunities and actively produce and/or edit content as needed.
- Represent AVE at exhibits, conferences, teacher meetings and workshops (regular travel required, including weekends).
- Participate actively in acquisition and launch meetings regarding product, marketing plans, etc.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field. Undergraduate/graduate work in Theology preferred.
- A minimum of five years relevant experience required.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with video production and/or editing software preferred.
- Salesforce or CRM experience preferred.
- Must be organized and self-motivated to initiate and complete tasks and projects without close supervision.
- Outstanding analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Actively practicing Catholic.
Ave Maria Press has an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, and a professional environment. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position located in Notre Dame, Indiana. Qualified individuals should send their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Pattie Gates at email@example.com.
Ave Maria Press, a ministry of the United States Province of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is a leading Catholic publisher of books in the areas of prayer and spirituality, pastoral ministry, and adolescent catechesis. We are currently seeking an Editorial Director to join our publishing team.
The Editorial Director manages all aspects of the editorial process, from acquisition through editorial production. The Editorial Director will work closely with the Publisher, as well as the marketing and design teams throughout the acquisition, book development, and book publication process.
Product Acquisition & Development
- Oversees product acquisition and development of approximately forty (40) books and other products per year
- Leads efforts in recruiting new authors and in developing new projects/products
- Negotiates contracts, royalty rates, and royalty advances with authors/agents and buys rights from other publishers
- Acquires and edits eight to ten titles per year
- Ensures adequate staffing levels
- Completes employee performance reviews and establishes employee development plans
- Maintains positive employee morale and an environment friendly to encouraging/listening to employee suggestions and concerns
Team Scheduling & Productivity
- Manages editorial department staff in all phases of the editorial process
- Establish goals, objectives, and continuous improvement
- Has overall responsibility for editorial quality control and for meeting editorial deadlines
- As member of core management team, participates in regular meetings to insure effective communication among departments and to offer advice and perspective on corporate-level decisions; also participates in the strategic planning process
Must be able to demonstrate the following core values that guide our company:
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s Degree in Theology, English, or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as an editorial director or manager is required
- A thorough understanding of all facets of the Catholic publishing industry, including trade, parish ministry, and curriculum
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of the book production process in print and e-book form
- Ability to manage assigned personnel and make personnel recommendations and/or decisions
- Actively practicing Catholic
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
Ave Maria Press offers an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation, and a professional environment. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position located at Notre Dame, Indiana. Qualified individuals should send their cover letter; resume; list of significant books acquired, edited, or published; and salary requirements to Pattie Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is located at Ave Maria Press, Notre Dame, Indiana.
Ave Maria Press regularly has internship opportunities throughout the year, including the summer. We look for students pursuing disciplines that are a fit with our needs: English, Philosophy, Theology, Marketing, Communications, and Graphic Arts and Design, to name a few possibilities.
Internships are for individuals currently enrolled in a degree program with an accredited educational institution. Our goal is to provide exposure to the various opportunities within the Catholic publishing industry. Interns from Ave Maria Press have gone on to secure permanent jobs in the publishing industry.
For more information, please contact our human resources manager.
Ave Maria Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer that follows all Federal and State Compliance laws regarding employment practices, including all aspects of the Title VII Federal employment law that pertain to our organization.