- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
January 24, 2012
The Goal Is Heaven!
Catholic evangelist Justin Fatica of Hard As Nails Ministry tells thousands of teens to never forget that their goal is Heaven: "Our time on earth is temporary and fleeting. Just imagine how your life on earth will be measured to your life in eternity—truly a drop in the bucket in comparison!"
Consequently, Justin reminds teens to live each day as if it could be their last and gives them some suggestions for what they can do to develop a plan to live as committed Catholics for Christ in his best-selling book Win It All. Here is a checklist of his "Steps to Winning it All":
Recognize Your Importance
- Write letters of affirmation.
- Create an intercessory prayer list.
- Pray the Five-Minute Daily Prayer (see page 00).
Discover Your Mission in Life
- Write your personal mission statement.
- Pray once a week with two or more people.
- Find a spiritual mentor to help you begin to discern your vocation.
Make Your Mess Your Message
- Write a letter about the lessons you have learned from your messes.
- Seek forgiveness from someone you have caused pain.
- Make a commitment to go to confession at least once a month.
Keep Your Passion
- Find a particular service project to be involved with.
- Be passionate about your life story and share it with others.
- Pick one sin that is giving you a hard time and eliminate it.
- Write down five personal fears and share them with your mentor.
- Take a stand for a person in your life who is being dissed.
- Encourage one person who intimidates you.
Commit to Loving
- Reserve time for prayer and adoration before the Blessed Sacrament.
- Spend at least five minutes daily listening to God speak to you.
- Name your enemies and then pray for them.
Never Give Up
- Watch a movie with a positive, inspiring message.
- Call on those who have encouraged your faith and thank them.
- Begin each day with Christ by praying the Morning Offering.
Live Every Day as If It Were Your Last
- Recite the Mary the Mother of God Surrender Prayer daily.
- Meditate with the crucifix on Christ’s love for you.
- Set a regular day from Monday to Friday to go to Mass.
Engaging Faith Topics
- Activities (63)
- Advent (19)
- Apologetics (23)
- Christmas (5)
- Christology (14)
- Church History (22)
- Church Year (16)
- Current Events (109)
- Easter (7)
- Ecclesiology (17)
- Holy Cross (6)
- Holy Week (12)
- Icebreaker (12)
- Introduction to Catholicism (15)
- Lent (26)
- Lesson Plans (19)
- Marian Devotion (1)
- Morality (42)
- New Testament (31)
- News (25)
- Old Testament (13)
- Parish Programs (2)
- Paschal Mystery (12)
- Prayer (56)
- Relationships (2)
- Resources (5)
- Sacraments (16)
- Saints (47)
- Scripture (40)
- Social Justice (41)
- Teacher Enrichment (35)
- Tech Tips (21)
- Technology (27)
- Vocation (26)
- World Religions (6)