Here are eight links with short assignments designed to accompany a student through a study of the Church and Church history:
- Read the first two chapters of Lumen Gentium. Note ten important statements about the Church from your reading.
- Report on some aspect of the Christian Catacombs.
- Report on two interesting facts about Constantine and the Edict of Milan.
- Locate and report on St. Thomas Aquinas’s five proofs for the existence of God from the Summa Theologica.
- Take a virtual tour of the Renaissance. Answer these questions: 1) What was new about humanism versus previous ways of thinking in Europe; 2) What impact did the Renaissance have on the Catholic Church?
- Read and report on the Syllabus of Errors.
- Read and report on one of the popes since 1900.
- Read and report on the Catholic Worker Movement or Dorothy Day.