On Tuesday, Br. Michel Bettigole, editor of the book The Catholic Spirit: An Anthology for Discovering Faith Through Literature, Art, Film, and Music, presented a sample lesson on the Eucharist drawing from classic works of art and literature.
The following works were featured in this presentation:
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper
- Fritz Eichenberg’s Christ of the Breadline
- Salvador Dali’s The Sacrament of the Last Supper
- Andy Warhol’s The Last Supper
- Caravaggio’s Supper at Emmaus
- Blessed John Henry Cardinal Newman, The Grammar of Assent
- Graham Green’s “Hint of Explanation”
- and excerpts from the Gospel accounts and Paul’s version of the Last Supper
The Catholic Spirit: Integrating Literature and Art into Religious Education from Ave Maria Press on Vimeo.
- Opening Prayer: 1:08
- About the presenter, Br. Michel Bettigole: 2:25
- About the book, The Catholic Spirit, and tips for teaching with literature, art, and film: 4:00
- Sample lesson on the Eucharist using Literature and Art: 12:19
- Question and Answer: 40:31