Nine books by Ave Maria Press authors—including three books in two separate categories—are finalists for the 2022 Excellence in Publishing Awards by the Association of Catholic Publishers.
The books and their categories are:
- Real Presence by Timothy P. O’Malley and the McGrath Institute for Church Life, theology;
- Oración y Espiritualidad by Andres Arango, Spanish;
- Our Life of Service by Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers, resources for ministry;
- Pray for Us by Meg Hunter-Kilmer, inspirational;
- Finding Sanctuary by Jennifer Hubbard, inspirational;
- Awakening at Lourdes by Christy Wilkens, inspirational;
- St. Dymphna’s Playbook by Tommy Tighe, general interest;
- Our Not-Quite-Holy Family by Mark and Melanie Hart, general interest; and
- A White Catholic’s Guide to Racism and Privilege by Fr. Daniel P. Horan, OFM, general interest.
“I am so pleased that these authors have been recognized as award finalists,” said Karey Circosta, publisher and CEO of Ave Maria Press. “These book selections represent the depth and breadth of the outstanding work we publish at Ave.”
First-, second-, and third-place winners for each category will be announced in June. A resource of the year will be named from among the first-place finishers in the fourteen overall book and music categories. There are ninety-five finalists representing eighteen Catholic publishers among the finalists.
See the complete list of finalists on the ACP website.