Pope Francis declared Sept. 7 to 13 a week of prayer and action for his Share the Journey campaign to support migrants and refugees.
In conjunction with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Catholic Charities US, and Catholic Relief Services, the Holy Father is asking us to:
- Pray for migrants and refugees. Use these prayer ideas from the Share the Journey website.
- Teach people in your communities, parishes, and schools about the lives of migrants and refugees. Here are some tools to help.
- Read and relate to the stories of struggle from migrants and refugees featured on the Share the Journey website.
- Share the memes, videos, and post suggestions on social media.Use the hashtag #ShareJourney.
- Donate to help change lives and relieve suffering if you are able.
- Contact the administration and your representatives in Washington to show your support for the plight of DREAMers, refugees, and other vulnerable families who want to live in the United States.
- Organize local community service projects and collect items that will assist migrants and refugee families, including tutoring, shelter, legal services, transportation, and basic needs.
- Be a friend to refugees and migrants.
Share the Journey is in collaboration with the annual Respect Life Month. You can find out more about how you can get involved at the Share the Journey website.