- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
A Concise Guide to Catholic Social Teaching
Author: Kevin E. McKenna
Regular Price: $15.95
Sale Price: $7.00
Trim size: 6 x 9 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: August 2, 2002
This product is no longer for sale.
A timely resource for understanding, teaching, and implementing Catholic social teaching. As parishes and schools intensify efforts to promote Catholic social teaching, here is a welcome distillations of social principles presented in both papal encyclicals and pastoral letters developed by American bishops. Following the structure of the U.S. bishops' document "Sharing Catholic Social Teaching," the book speaks to seven significant themes:
- Life and the Dignity of the Human Person
- Call to Family, Community, and Participation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
- Care for God's Creation
Each chapter includes reflection questions ideal for individual or group usage, and an appendix offers biographical information about popes who have issued social encyclicals, suggested homily themes and a Reconciliation Service for Justice and Peace. Sure to become an invaluable resource for all pastoral ministers, A Concise Guide to Catholic Social Teaching is also suitable for parish adult study groups, and high school and college classes on Catholic social teaching.
"An invaluable resource."
"An invaluable resource for parish and community groups. It provides solid grounding in the Church's social teachings as the basis for initiatives undertaken in promoting the gospel of justice.... User-friendly and practical."
Anne Curtis, R.S.M.
"A real gem."
"A real gem which offers both the Church professional and the person in the pew an insightful and understandable presentation of this rich treasure of the Church's heritage and practical suggestions for its implementation."
Most Reverend Howard J. Hubbard, Bishop of Albany
Other books in The Concise Guide Series:
- A Concise Guide to Adult Faith Formation
- A Concise Guide to Canon Law
- A Concise Guide to Catholic Church Management
- A Concise Guide to Catholic Social Teaching
- A Concise Guide to Pastoral Planning
- A Concise Guide to Supervising a Ministry Student
- A Concise Guide to Your Rights in the Catholic Church
Purchase on Kindle.
Catholic Social Teaching and Living the Gospel Today