- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Your Life in Christ: Foundations in Catholic Morality (Student Text)
Framework Course VI
Author: Michael Pennock
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: September 1, 2007
This product is not returnable.
Available from These Digital Distributors
A newer edition of this textbook is now available. You can find more information on the newer edition here.
(© 2008) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course VI of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.
Your Life in Christ: Foundations in Catholic Morality focuses on the essential message of Christ's moral teaching, the importance of love of God and neighbor. The text covers the major points from the "Life in Christ" section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, pulling together these elements by developing nine essential steps for living a Christian moral life in the Catholic tradition. These steps include:
- Understanding the nature of being human
- Guiding moral decision-making with intellect
- Understanding the law's relationship to freedom and being responsible for transgressions
- Imitating Jesus and living the Beatitudes
- Forming the conscience and strengthening resistance to peer pressure
- Repenting and forgiving others
- Thanking God for life by loving God above all else
- Loving yourself
- Loving your neighbors
Each chapter contains several special features:
- Selections from Pope Benedict XVI's encyclical on love Deus Caritas Est.
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
- Innovative Catholic Life in Action component for each chapter.
TEACHERS: Request a review copy.
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- Chapter 1 (Large)
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
- Chapter 9 (Large)
- Chapter 9 (Small)
- Chapter 10 (Large)
- Chapter 10 (Small)
Links of Interest
USCCB Curriculum Course Videos
The Your Life in Christ eTextbook is available for the iPad in the iBookstore.
The Your Life in Christ eTextbook is available in VitalSource.
The Your Life in Christ eTextbook is available in the EdTech/ESCO Shelfit Bookstore.