- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Student Text)
Framework Course V
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: January 1, 2010
This product is not returnable.
Available from These Digital Distributors
(© 2010) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course V of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.
Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments reveals the sacraments as the definitive way that Jesus remains present to the Church and the world today. The text explores concrete ways for students to understand the sacraments, participate in their rites, and benefit from their graces.
The text is organized around the traditional definition of sacrament from the Catechism of the Catholic Church—an efficacious sign of grace, instituted by Christ and entrusted to the Church, by which divine life is dispensed to us by the work of the Holy Spirit. This definition is clarified by organizing the chapters around four dimensions of the sacrament: memorial, celebration, communion, and transformation.
Through regular placement of "For Reflection" panels and assignments that focus on deeper research, developing a personal and communal prayer life, and active transformation of self and society, this text allows students to come to know Jesus through participation in the sacraments and the grace of their effects. Selections from Catholic blogs and profiles of saints offer a practical application of the sacrament to teenagers.
Each chapter includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
TEACHERS: Request a review copy.
"It could almost teach the class itself."
"The textbooks come chock-full of ready-to-go activities and assignments which are welcome tools for any 'I have way too much to do' Catholic teacher. And the internet resources are fabulous! The Ave Maria Press site gives you so many supplemental resources, it could almost teach the class itself!"
St. Anne Pacelli Catholic School, Columbus, GA
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- Chapter 1 (Large)
- Chapter 1 (Medium)
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Medium)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Medium)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Medium)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Medium)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Medium)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Medium)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
- Chapter 9 (Large)
- Chapter 9 (Medium)
- Chapter 9 (Small)
Directed Reading Worksheets
Links of Interest
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the Sacraments (USCCB)
- Chapter 1: The Seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 1: Flesh and Bone (Matt Maher)
- Chapter 1: Deepening My Sacramental Life
- Chapter 1: Sacraments (Mark Hart)
- Chapter 2: Liturgical Calendar (Saints & Seasons with Shannon)
- Chapter 2: Mystery of Eating Jesus' Flesh (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 2: What's Inside A Catholic Church
- Chapter 3: The Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Baptism, Catholic, Immersion
- Chapter 3: Faith, Hope, and Love: A Commentary by Fr. Barron
- Chapter 3: Sacraments 101: Baptism (Why We Baptize)
- Chapter 4: Soeren Palumbo's R-word Speech
- Chapter 4: Sacraments 101: Confirmation (Why We're Confirmed)”
- Chapter 4: The Holy Spirit: A Commentary by Fr. Barron
- Chapter 4: The Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 5: The Eucharist (Jon Leonetti)
- Chapter 5: Rememberance (Matt Maher)
- Chapter 5: The Catholic Mass in 155 A.D.
- Chapter 5: Catholic Mass Revealed: The Consecration
- Chapter 5: The Eucharist & You
- Chapter 5: Eucharist as Antidote to Individualistic Culsture (Pope Benedict XVI)
- Chapter 6: The Prodigal (Joe Castillo)
- Chapter 6: Confession
- Chapter 6: Sacrament of Reconciliation: Explained
- Chapter 6: Deepening My Sacramental Life (Chris Stefanick)
- Chapter 6: Confess It All Commercial
- Chapter 7: Prayer of Hope and Encouragement for the Suffering & Brokenhearted
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7: L'Arche: It's All About Love!
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders
- Chapter 8: Ordination of Bishop-elect John O. Barres Part 1
- Chapter 8: Ordination of Bishop-elect John O. Barres Part 2
- Chapter 9: Fr. Barron Comments on Marriage and Relationships
- Chapter 9: New State of Mind (Matt Maher)
- Chapter 9: Sacraments 101: Matrimony
- Chapter 9: A Crucifixion Type Love
- Chapter 9: Theology of the Body: Your Call to Greatness
The Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments eTextbook is available for the iPad in the iBookstore.
The Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments eTextbook is available in VitalSource.
The Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments eTextbook is available in the EdTech/ESCO Shelfit Bookstore.