- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Year of Mercy
- Parish Book Program
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Student Text)
Framework Course I
Author: Michael Pennock
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: January 1, 2010
Available from These Digital Distributors
(© 2010) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course I of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.
Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World provides a map for high school students to navigate the salvific work of God—Father, Son, and Spirit—in forming a People, giving a Law, and preparing for the Messiah. The one-semester course gives students a general knowledge and appreciation of Sacred Scripture through which they encounter Jesus Christ.
Tracing the stages of Salvation History, this text introduces key figures, events, vocabulary, and doctrine that will appear continuously throughout a four-year curriculum. While this text is a study of both the Old and New Testaments, it begins by centering on the nature of God and a person's natural instinct to search for God.
Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World is a versatile text that follows the first course of the new curriculum framework but is also suitable for schools teaching a one-semester scripture course or an Introduction to the Catholic faith course in both high schools and parish religious education programs.
Each chapter of Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
NEW features that enhance Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World:
- A "Chapter Quick View" feature with page references that allow students to scan the chapter for main points.
- In-text glossary definitions with a variety of activities to help students learn key terms.
- Several "Primary Source Quotations" from the words of saints, Church Fathers, and the Church documents.
- Many "Ongoing Assignments" for each chapter that can be assigned as long-term projects, extra credit, and follow-up to the lessons learned.
- A prayer experience and reflection for each chapter.
TEACHERS: Request a review copy.
"Helps teens to love Jesus."
"Christ is at the heart of these texts. They are both user-friendly for teachers and appealing to students. They help teens to love Jesus more!"
St. John's Catholic Prep, Frederick, MD
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- Chapter 1 (Large)
- Chapter 1 (Medium)
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Medium)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Medium)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Medium)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Medium)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Medium)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Medium)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
- Chapter 9 (Large)
- Chapter 9 (Medium)
- Chapter 9 (Small)
- Chapter 10 (Large)
- Chapter 10 (Medium)
- Chapter 10 (Small)
Directed Reading Worksheets
- Dei Verbum
- Four Traditions of Authorship
- Holy Orders
- Holy Spirit
- Humanity Divinity
- Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Moral Act
- Sacrament of Baptism
- Scripture and Tradition
- Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Stations of the Cross Prayer Reflection
- Stations of the Cross Template
- Chapter 1: Don’t Worry, Be Happy
- Chapter 1: Pope Calls UK back to Christian Roots and Away from Secularism
- Chapter 1: Johannes Kepler Music Video
- Chapter 1: Five Proofs for the Existence of God
- Chapter 1: Heads of Church Going Green
- Chapter 2: Your Love Is Strong (Jon Foreman)
- Chapter 2: Biblical Interpretation and the Liturgy (Fr. Robert Barron and Dr. Scott Hahn)
- Chapter 2: Father Barron on Bill Maher’s “Religulous”
- Chapter 2: Intro to Lectio Divina (Archbishop Collins) - Part 1
- Chapter 2: Intro to Lectio Divina (Archbishop Collins) - Part 2
- Chapter 2: A Virtual Visit to the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem
- Chapter 3: What Images of God Are Present in the Old Testament? (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 3: What Images of God Exist in the New Testament? (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 3: What Is the Didache?
- Chapter 3: Mysteries: Sin
- Chapter 4: Go Down, Moses—Sullivan’s Travels (1941)
- Chapter 4: Go Go Go Joseph (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat)
- Chapter 5: Book of Jeremiah
- Chapter 5: Oratio Jeremiae
- Chapter 5: King David Dancing before the Ark of the Covenant
- Chapter 6: Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler)
- Chapter 6: Mysteries: The Gospels
- Chapter 6: Give Up Yer Aul Sins—Birth of John the Baptist
- Chapter 7: The Bible’s Buried Secrets| Recreating the Temple (NOVA)
- Chapter 7: A Tour to the Galilee—Land of Miracles
- Chapter 8: Jesus’ Miracles and the Paschal Mystery
- Chapter 8: The Crowning of Thorns (Danielle Rose)
- Chapter 9: Pontifical Mission Societies Documentary
- Chapter 9: His Mission Is Our Mission (Divine Word Missionaries)
- Chapter 9: Super Jesus
- Chapter 10: Shroud of Turin 2010
- Chapter 10: Jesus in Early Christian Art
Other books in The Jesus Christ Series:
- Jesus Christ (Video Collection)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Teacher's Manual)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Teacher's Manual) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text)
- Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Teacher's Manual)
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Student Text)
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Teacher's Manual)
The Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World eTextbook is available for the iPad in the iBookstore.
The Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World is also available through ESCO (EdTech Software).