- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
FREE SHIPPING on orders of $25 or more*. Use code: FREE25
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text)
Framework Course II
Author: Michael Pennock
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: October 1, 2010
This product is not returnable.
This product is no longer for sale.
Available from These Digital Distributors
A newer edition of this textbook is now available. You can find more information on the newer edition here.
(© 2011) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course II of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry deepens the study of Jesus, highlighting key events in his earthly ministry while unpacking his teachings about God the Father, the Trinity, Mary, and the Holy Spirit. Students learn that the goal of discipleship is a life of grace and holiness and a share of God's everlasting Kingdom. Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry encourages a course of action and calls on teens to "pick up their cross" and follow the Lord in this life and beyond by introducing key vocabulary terms, exploring relevant questions of faith, profiling famous Christian disciples, and offering several applications to put the lessons into action. The text follows Course II of the new curriculum framework. It is also applicable for a Christology course apart from the framework sequence.
Each chapter includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
NEW features that enhance this text:
- A "Chapter Quick View" feature with page references that allow students to scan the chapter for main points.
- In-text glossary definitions with a variety of activities to help students learn key terms.
- Several "Primary Source Quotations" from the words of saints, Church Fathers, and the Church documents.
- Many "Ongoing Assignments" for each chapter that can be assigned as long-term projects, extra credit, and follow-up to the lessons learned.
- A prayer experience and reflection for each chapter.
"I have never seen freshmen discussing the Gospels and Christology in the way your texts enable them to."
"We love your textbooks. In my twenty years of teaching, I have never seen freshmen discussing the Gospels and Christology in the way your texts enable them to. Because of your books, students are comprehending the material on a deeper level. Michael Pennock, bless his soul!"
Deacon John McMullen, Theology Instructor
Mater Dei High School, Evansville, IN
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- Chapter 1 (Large)
- Chapter 1 (Medium)
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Medium)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Medium)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Medium)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Medium)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Medium)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Medium)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
- Chapter 9 (Large)
- Chapter 9 (Medium)
- Chapter 9 (Small)
- Chapter 10 (Large)
- Chapter 10 (Medium)
- Chapter 10 (Small)
Directed Reading Worksheets
- Chapter 1: St. Augustine’s “Restless and Constant Search for Truth” (Benedict XVI)
- Chapter 1: Why do We Believe in God?
- Chapter 1: Five Proofs for the Existence of God
- Chapter 1: St. Thomas Aquinas (Fr. Robert Barron)
- Chapter 1: God Is . . .
- Chapter 2: The Power of Words
- Chapter 2: Feast of the Annunciation
- Chapter 2: Mary’s Magnificat
- Chapter 3: You’ve Got to Be Carefully Taught
- Chapter 3: No Greater Love
- Chapter 3: Biblical Interpretation and the Liturgy (Fr. Robert Barron and Dr. Scott Hahn)
- Chapter 3: Mysteries: The Gospels
- Chapter 3: Is the Bible Reliable?
- Chapter 4: St. Patrick Apostle of Ireland
- Chapter 4: Mysteries: The Trinity
- Chapter 4: Apostles’ Creed
- Chapter 5: Mysteries: The Trinity
- Chapter 5: Mysteries: The 7 Sacraments
- Chapter 6: Show Me (My Fair Lady)
- Chapter 6: Name of Jesus (Citipointe Live)
- Chapter 7: Wherefore Art Thou, Romeo?
- Chapter 7: Did Jesus Claim to Be God?
- Chapter 7: God of Wonders
- Chapter 7: Nicene Creed
- Chapter 8: God and Human Freedom (Fr. Barron and Dr. Scott Hahn)
- Chapter 8: Catholic Ecology and Benedict XVI
- Chapter 8: Blest Are They
- Chapter 9: What a Friend We have in Jesus
- Chapter 9: How’s Your Love Life?
- Chapter 9: Agape Love
- Chapter 10: Mysteries: Intense Spiritual Life (Part 1)
- Chapter 10: Mysteries: Intense Spiritual Life (Part 2)
- Chapter 10: Mysteries: Intense Spiritual Life (Part 3)
- Chapter 10: How to Pray the Rosary
- Chapter 10: The Lord’s Prayer in Aramaic
Other books in The Jesus Christ Series:
- Jesus Christ (Video Collection)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Teacher's Manual)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Teacher's Manual) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Teacher's Manual)
The Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry eTextbook is available for the iPad in the iBookstore.
The Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry eTextbook is available in VitalSource.
The Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry eTextbook is available in the EdTech/ESCO Shelfit Bookstore.
Navigating Course II: Who Is Jesus Christ?