- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Student Text)
Framework Course III
Author: Michael Pennock
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: July 1, 2011
This product is not returnable.
Available from These Digital Distributors
(© 2011) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course III of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.
The Paschal Mystery of Christ's Cross and Resurrection is the pinnacle of God's redemptive plan for his people. In Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation, students delve deeply into the saving actions of the Lord. This text unpacks the meaning of God's sacred and mysterious plan from creation, onward to the consequences of the fall and the promise of a Savior, while ultimately focusing on the Life, Passion, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Each chapter includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
NEW features that enhance this text:
- A "Chapter Quick View" feature with page references that allow students to scan the chapter for main points.
- In-text glossary definitions with a variety of activities to help students learn key terms.
- Several "Primary Source Quotations" from the words of saints, Church Fathers, and the Church documents.
- Many "Ongoing Assignments" for each chapter that can be assigned as long-term projects, extra credit, and follow-up to the lessons learned.
- A prayer experience and reflection for each chapter.
TEACHERS: Request a review copy.
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- Chapter 1 (Large)
- Chapter 1 (Medium)
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Medium)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Medium)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Medium)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Medium)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Medium)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Medium)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
- Chapter 9 (Large)
- Chapter 9 (Medium)
- Chapter 9 (Small)
- Chapter 10 (Large)
- Chapter 10 (Medium)
- Chapter 10 (Small)
Directed Reading Worksheets
- Chapter 1: Genesis Trailer—Pentateuch Project
- Chapter 1: Intro to the Pentateuch Cartoon
- Chapter 1: God’s Grandeur
- Chapter 1: Psalm 104
- Chapter 2: 13 Year Old Girl Committing Suicide (MSNBC)
- Chapter 2: Gospel Magic—Romans 6:23
- Chapter 2: The Servant Song
- Chapter 3: Give Up Yer Aul Sins—Birth of John the Baptist
- Chapter 3: O Little Town of Bethlehem—Virtual Tour
- Chapter 3: Catholic Charities—Housing First
- Chapter 4: The Rich Fool
- Chapter 4: The Good Samaritan
- Chapter 4: Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
- Chapter 4: Parable of the Pharisee & the Tax Collector
- Chapter 4: Institution of the Eucharist
- Chapter 5: St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Chapter 5: Pontius Pilate Judges Jesus
- Chapter 5: What Wondrous Love Is This, O My Soul?
- Chapter 6: In the Breaking of the Bread
- Chapter 6: Gnostic Gospels vs. Synoptic Gospels
- Chapter 6: The Seven Sacraments of the Catholic Church
- Chapter 7: Psalm 8
- Chapter 7: 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
- Chapter 8: Walking in the Light
- Chapter 8: Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Chapter 8: The Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 9: Lives of the Apostles Paul and Peter
- Chapter 9: Day By Day
- Chapter 9: The Beatitudes
- Chapter 10: St. Benedict
- Chapter 10: Ave Maria
- Chapter 10: St. Kateri Tekakwitha
Other books in The Jesus Christ Series:
- Jesus Christ (Video Collection)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Teacher's Manual)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Teacher's Manual) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text)
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Teacher's Manual)
The Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation eTextbook is available for the iPad in the iBookstore.
The Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation eTextbook is available in VitalSource.
The Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation eTextbook is available in the EdTech/ESCO Shelfit Bookstore.