- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
FREE SHIPPING on orders of $25 or more*. Use code: FREE25
The Rebuilt Field Guide
Ten Steps for Getting Started
Author: Michael White
Author: Tom Corcoran
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: October 10, 2016
You know your Catholic parish needs to change its focus, but you’re not sure where or how to begin. In The Rebuilt Field Guide, award-winning authors Rev. Michael White and Tom Corcoran walk you through ten essential steps for getting started with your church’s reawakening.
After publishing their groundbreaking book Rebuilt in 2013 about the rebirth of the Church of the Nativity in Timonium, Maryland, Fr. Michael White and Tom Corcoran were inundated with requests for help from other Catholic parishes about where to start. Subsequent books in the Rebuilt Parish series—Tools for Rebuilding, Rebuilding Youth Ministry, and Rebuilding Your Message—offer additional means to reach the end goal of making church matter and growing disciples by challenging the faithful and reaching the lost with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
In the newest book in the Rebuilt Parish series, White and Corcoran lead you and your leadership team through assessment and goal-setting exercises and provide meeting templates that include prayer, scripture reflection, storytelling, and “rally cries” that become reminders of the change the team is striving toward.
This workbook offers practical steps that will help your team set change in motion with tools including:
- A checklist that helps identify the real problems facing your parish and seven questions to help you prioritize them
- A seven-part exercise to help you decide which parish activities do not support your disciple-making mission and then make a plan to stop doing them
- A simple, focused demographic assessment to help you identify your own “Timonium Tim”
- A discussion and planning guide for moving toward great liturgical music
- Seven conversation starters to help your team set a course for dealing with the conflict that inevitably comes with change
The exercises are adapted from those used at Church of the Nativity and correlate to the chapters of Rebuilt. The book will show you how to stop everything you are doing, rethink your purpose, and focus your attention on discipleship and evangelization.
Features & Benefits
- The Rebuilt Parish series of books together have sold more than 130,000 copies and have helped thousands of parishes reawaken worldwide.
- The award-winning authors have the support of Cardinals Dolan of New York, O'Malley of Boston, and other Church leaders across a wide spectrum of Catholic life for their work.
- White and Corcoran keep an active speaking schedule that has taken them to more than forty US cities and six foreign countries since the release of Rebuilt in February 2013.
- The Rebuilt podcast, rebuiltparish.com, and the Rebuilt Parish Association connect readers to one another and to the authors for ongoing support.
"Practical and effective."
"In Rebuilt many of us awakened to a new reality—the greatest threat to the Church’s core mission is relying on the status quo. For all who responded, ‘Yes, but now what?’ welcome to White and Corcoran’s field guide! This is the most practical and effective tool I’ve seen to help parish leaders plot a course from holy discontent to making church matter."
Executive Director of Parish Catalyst
"A wonderfully simple, straightforward, step-by-step process."
"The Rebuilt Field Guide provides a wonderfully simple, straightforward, step-by-step process for any pastor and staff looking to begin the process of rebuilding their parish so that they can zero in on the mission of making disciples."
Fr. Michael Jones
Pastor of St. Pius X Catholic Church
"This is exactly what we needed."
"This is exactly what we needed to begin implementing culture change in our parish. White and Corcoran share how to stick to your vision while tackling the challenges you’ll face, and it is truly inspiring. I can’t wait to share this with the rest of our leadership and staff!"
Director of Pastoral Life at St. Philip the Apostle Parish
"This resource will help any parish team to grow together dynamically."
“The church staff meeting has just been taken to a new level! This resource will help any parish team to grow together dynamically—and their church will never be the same again!”
Rev. Michael A. Saporito
Pastor of the Parish Community of St. Helen
Westfield, New Jersey
"A fantastic resource for pastors and parishes."
"The Rebuilt Field Guide is a fantastic resource for pastors and parishes seeking to take up Christ's mission to make disciples. This is mandatory reading for anyone taking the call to the New Evangelization seriously!"
Small-Group Coordinator at St. Pius X Catholic Church
Revisiting Rebuilt Webinar