- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Awakening to the Fullness of Life
Author: Robert J. Wicks
Foreword by: Joyce Rupp
Regular Price: $20.00
Sale Price: $3.00
Trim size: 5 x 7 inches
Imprint: Sorin Books
On-sale date: September 1, 2009
Blending insights from Christian contemplative practice and Buddhist mindfulness, Dr. Robert J. Wicks—well-known speaker, therapist, and spiritual guide—introduces what he calls "prayerfulness," a way of being truly in the present to experience God and life in dynamic new ways. Wicks offers a rich array of insights including seven practical steps, a thirty-day retreat, and a Spiritual Mindfulness Questionnaire. This creative combination of ancient wisdom and contemporary psychology is designed to help readers develop a loving, clear, and spiritually balanced outlook.
Sample questions from the Spiritual Mindfulness Questionnaire:
- In your own life, how do you approach the people you meet and the ordinary activities of each day so that they become sacred?
- What preoccupies you in ways that seem to prevent you from seeing God?
- Are you someone who listens to others, or do you find that much of the time you are simply hearing them out while waiting for your opportunity to speak?
- What unfinished business from the past seems to continually intrude upon your present peace, and how do you address it in a prayerful way?
- When and how do you regularly meditate?
"What makes Prayerfulness stand out is Robert Wicks's unfailing honesty and his ability to unite our everyday life to our relationship with the divine."
Joyce Rupp, Author of Open the Door (from the foreword)
"A triumph of the human spirit!"
"In the face of anguish and distraction, so common in our society, Wicks presents a straightforward guide to deepening faith through compassion and love. A triumph of the human spirit!"
Kerry Kennedy, Author of Being Catholic Now
"Robert Wicks’s books are always insightful and inspiring. His latest publication, Prayerfulness, provides people, especially pastoral leaders, with ways not only to pray but to live with a spirit of prayerfulness."
Most Rev. Gerald F. Kicanas, D.D., Bishop of Tucson
Purchase on Kindle.