OUT OF STOCK INDEFINITELY - Copies can be purchased from Amazon using this link.
The new, third edition of Encountering Jesus in the New Testament is available for purchase using this link.
Encountering Jesus in the New Testament is an excellent introduction to the New Testament. It is an ideal textbook for Catholic high school students taking a scripture survey course.
“Who is Jesus of Nazareth?”
“Who is the person people of faith call 'Christ. the Son of God?”
These questions form the central focus of Encountering Jesus in the New Testament. The text provides a scriptural and ecclesial foundation to answer the question of why Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. It explores how the New Testament offers evidence and faith testimony to the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Encountering Jesus in the New Testament is a combination of Christology—a complete study of the person and the divinity of Jesus Christ—with an overview of the books of the New Testament.
Each chapter includes several special features:
- Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
- Review questions for each main section.
- Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
- Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
- A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
- A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
The content and detail in Encountering Jesus in the New Testament is unparalleled for introductory high school scripture courses and offers support for the introductory courses of the U.S Bishops' Curriculum Framework.
(© 2009) This text has been found in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Note: Sale price not available for retail or wholesale purchase.
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“A very thorough and well developed Scripture course.”
“The new revision of Encountering Jesus in the New Testament by Pennock is a very thorough and well developed Scripture course. I have used each of Pennock's books on the New Testament over a period of 19 years and they only get better.”
Sr. Agnes E. Curran, S.N.D.
St. Anthony's High School, S. Huntington, NY
“The best job of revealing Jesus.”
“I strive to make Jesus relevant and currant in the lives of my students. I tell them that Jesus is 'Right Here, Right Now.' Encountering Jesus does the best job of revealing Jesus as a 'right now' force…and helps students build a current and lasting relationship with Jesus.”
Theology Teacher, Hill Murray High School, Maplewood, MN
- Encountering Jesus in the New Testament (Student Text)[Third Edition]$28.95
- Encountering Jesus in the New Testament (Teacher’s Manual)[Third Edition]$44.95
- New Testament Basics for Catholics$17.95
- Encountering Jesus in the New Testament (Teacher’s Manual)$44.95
- Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
- 5 Minutes with Christ$13.95
- 31 Days to Becoming a Better Religious Educator$10.95