Seasons of Hope consists of a comprehensive guidebook for leaders and four participant journals. The program offers twenty-four scripture-based sessions for grievers, organized into four six-week seasons, three times as many as other books or bereavement programs. Each season is self-contained and non-sequential so that participants may begin with any of the four seasons and parish leaders may schedule the six-week seasons as fits the particular pastoral needs of each individual parish.
The Guidebook leads bereavement ministers through all the necessary steps of creating and sustaining small bereavement groups. It also provides detailed scripts and helpful hints for each of these twenty-four sessions. The four seasons follow the same pattern and might be used consecutively in a parish, but are also designed to stand alone.
The Participant Journals—one for each season—are used in group gatherings and for home-journaling. Each week offers a theme, commentary, scripture citations for further reading and spiritual exercises drawn from Catholic tradition. The sessions each follow the same simple format and flow with a comforting blend of commentary, scripture, prayer, simple group exercises, faith-sharing and Catholic traditions.
The Facilitator's Pack includes the Guidebook and one of each of the Participant Journals.
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
- Seasons of Hope: Guidebook$19.95
- Seasons of Hope Participant Journal 1$5.95
- Seasons of Hope Participant Journal 2$5.95
- Seasons of Hope Participant Journal 3$5.95
- Seasons of Hope Participant Journal 4$5.95
- Responding to Suicide$18.95
- When a Loved One Dies by Suicide$11.95
- Winter of the Heart$6.95
- Seriously, God?$16.95
- Praying Our Goodbyes$16.95
- Our Faithful Departed$14.95
- ABCs of Healthy Grieving$12.95
- Finding Your Way After Your Child Dies$15.95
- Finding Your Way After Your Spouse Dies$15.95
- May You Find Comfort$4.50
- Finding Sanctuary$15.95