What if the Church radically shifted the focus of her mission to making disciples one person at a time?
Everett Fritz outlines a framework for one-to-one outreach that helps us develop as mentors in faith, furthering the Kingdom of God as Jesus commanded when he told us to go and make disciples. When we learn how to focus on a ministry of one, we will multiply our efforts to create a movement that meets the spiritual needs of many.
Whether you’re someone who’s actively involved in professional or volunteer ministry or an everyday Catholic who wants to share your faith, One Disciple at a Time reveals how you can live out your calling to spread the Gospel by focusing on forming disciples one at a time.
Drawing on insights gleaned from his personal spiritual journey and work in Catholic parish ministry, Fritz—founder and executive director of Andrew Ministries—shares practical steps for transforming our approach to living our faith and sharing it with others. In this book, you will learn:
- There is great power in a personal invitation because it becomes the seed to develop a relationship.
- If you want to make a lifelong disciple of Jesus Christ, you have to be committed to accompany them throughout their lifetime.
- Lessons from Jesus’s relationship with Simon Peter can transform the way we mentor in faith.
- Taking someone from disciple to sainthood requires assisting that person with the crosses that they bear, as well as witnessing to the reality of the cross in your own life.
- Formation needs to include identifying the person's God-given gifts and working with them to use those gifts to build up the Church.
Trim size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“A gift for all those who, like Jesus, want to change the world one person at a time!”
“One Disciple at a Time is wonderful! By taking an interest in someone, caring about them, and—when appropriate—mentoring them, we can help lead that person to make Jesus their number-one love. This book will help believers to become disciples who, in turn, make more disciples just as Jesus commanded us to do.”
Fr. Richard Gray
Pastor of Our Lady of Perpetual Help and Our Lady of Sorrows
Archdiocese of Baltimore
“Ministry as Jesus did.”
“This book is a call to do ministry as Jesus did—focused on one: the lost sheep, the found coin, the intimate conversation. Everything else we build needs to flow from that.”
Founder and president of Real Life Catholic
- Everyday Witness$12.95
- To Heal, Proclaim, and Teach$16.95
- What Matters Most$16.95
- Why I Am Catholic (and You Should Be Too) [Paperback]$15.95
- What to Say and How to Say It$16.95
- Christ in the Classroom$12.95
- What to Say and How to Say It, Volume II$16.95
- This Is Our Faith (Revised and Updated Edition)$17.95
- The Seeker’s Catechism$9.95