Ave Maria Press is excited to announce that thirteen Ave authors are finalists for fourteen book awards in eight categories from the Association of Catholic Publishers. This is the most nominations Ave authors have received for ACP awards.
Bestselling author Joyce Rupp is a finalist in two categories: Anchors for the Soul in prayer books and Boundless Compassion in spirituality books. Christine Valters Paintner’s The Soul’s Slow Ripening joins Boundless Compassion as a finalist in the spirituality category.
According to the ACP, spirituality books are largely narrative and structured along a specific theme. Prayer books center on formal or informal prayer.
Other nominees and their categories include:
- General Interest: In Praise of the Useless Life by Br. Paul Quenon, O.S.C.O.; The Grace of Enough by Haley Stewart; What I Am Living For, edited by Jon M. Sweeney; and Winter of the Heart by Paula D’Arcy. General interest includes books on Church history, collections of essays by theologians, or important Catholic thinkers.
- Inspirational: Gratefulness by Susan Muto. Inspirational books focus on devotional, spiritual, and meditation books, and books on saints, holy people, and stories related to people living their faith.
- Resources for Ministry: What Matters Most by Leonard J. DeLorenzo. Nominees include books that are not a part of ministry program that serve as a faith formation tools in parish ministry.
- Scripture: Psalm Basics for Catholics by John Bergsma. In this category, books can be scholarly treatment of particular books or collections of books of the Bible.
- Spanish: La Iglesia by Hosffman Ospino. Books can be from any category but published in Spanish for the US market.
The Association of Catholic Publishers is a membership organization of Catholic publishers.