- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Your Christian Vocation (Student Text)
Framework Elective D
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: January 24, 2020
Available from These Digital Distributors
Understanding the rewards of a lifelong commitment to Christ is the most important goal of a new high school religion textbook from Ave Maria Press. Your Christian Vocation helps students learn how to live their lives to the benefit of others as they consider a vocation of service—in marriage, priestly or consecrated life, or the single life—to the Church and their own communities.
Students will explore a variety of topics in each vocation, including friendship, dating, and courtship related to choosing a spouse; family planning and raising children; the importance of the Sacrament of Holy Orders to the whole Church; priestly celibacy; and other forms of religious life including religious institutes, eremites, consecrated virgins and widows, secular institutes, and societies of apostolic life.
Students will find the encouragement and practical skills to practice discernment for their lifelong vocation. They’ll also learn how to consider the differences between vocation, jobs, and career. A bonus chapter on the single life is available online, along with a variety of teacher resources.
Your Christian Vocation replaces the Marriage and Holy Orders textbook.
Developed in collaboration with experts in theology, catechesis, and pedagogy, Your Christian Vocation is part of the Encountering Jesus textbook series and features the same pedagogical design and features that have made the series popular with both teachers and students:
- Chapter Focus Questions: Each chapter’s main idea is posed as a question to the student to provide a broader context in which new ideas can be integrated and understood.
- Infographics: A wide variety of visual and interactive designs throughout the text help students understand theological concepts in ways they will remember.
- Currents Events: Each chapter opens with a story from the contemporary world that teens can relate to their own lives.
- Educational Photos: Images throughout the text have been carefully chosen not only to illustrate the chapter but for teachers and students to use as educational tools.
- Note-Taking Graphic Organizers: Designed to help students organize, summarize, and sequence the text, various types of organizers were customized for every section of the book.
- Section Assessments: Each section includes pedagogically designed assessment questions with labels that show how the questions serve a variety of different learning styles.
- Online Resources: As always, teachers can access a wide variety of online resources at the Ave Maria Press website, including videos, PowerPoints, handouts, crossword puzzles, reading guides, and tests.
The enhanced digital edition of Your Christian Vocation includes exclusive access to videos from the Apostleship of Prayer, America Media, Catholic Relief Services, the Congregation of Holy Cross, and Word on Fire Catholic Ministries. These videos enrich the written text with expert explanations of key theological concepts, sacred people, and sacred places by Bishop Robert Barron, Dr. John Bergsma, Rev. Kevin Grove, C.S.C., Rev. James Kubick, S.J., and Rev. James Martin, S.J.
A Teacher’s Wraparound Edition (TWE) offers strategies and lessons to facilitate several different learning styles. Guides, approaches, rubrics, questions, and answers all ease a teacher’s planning and coverage of each student text chapter.
The text has been approved by the Subcommittee on Catechism for use with Elective D, Responding to the Call of Jesus Christ, of the USCCB curriculum framework.
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- The Single Life
- Chapter 1 (Large)
- Chapter 1 (Medium)
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Medium)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Medium)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Medium)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Medium)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Medium)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
Directed Reading Worksheets
- Introduction: 5 Steps to Finding Your Vocation
- Introduction: Christian Vocation-It All Begins with a Call
- Chapter 1: Fr. Mike Schmitz--How to Discern
- Chapter 1: Universal Call to Holiness
- Chapter 1: We're All in This Together
- Chapter 2: Complementarity of the Sexes
- Chapter 2: Jason Evert: Friendship-A Time for Discernment
- Chapter 2: What is Love?
- Chapter 3: Convalidation Brings Couples into the Full Life of the Church
- Chapter 3: Everything You Wanted to Know About Marriage Prep
- Chapter 3: The Secret of Matrimony
- Chapter 4: Strong Families are the Foundation of a Healthy Society
- Chapter 4: The Family is a Little Church
- Chapter 4: You, Me and NFP-Infertility & NaPro
- Chapter 5: Humanae Vitae-50 Years On...
- Chapter 5: Marriage & Cohabitation
- Chapter 5: What Exactly is an Annulment?
- Chapter 5: Why Does the Church Discriminate Against Gays?
- Chapter 6: The Role of the Bishop
- Chapter 6: The Sacrament of Orders
- Chapter 6: What is the Difference Between a Priest and a Deacon?
- Chapter 7: The Day My Life Changed Forever
- Chapter 7: The Gift of the Priesthood
- Chapter 7: What is Your Discernment Story?
- Chapter 8: Consecrated Life Through the Ages
- Chapter 8: More Young Christians Heed Call to Become Priests and Nuns
- Chapter 8: Vocation Testimony
Other books in The Encountering Jesus Series:
- Foundations of Catholic Social Teaching: Living as a Disciple of Christ (Student Text)
- The History of the Catholic Church (Student Text)
- Jesus and the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic (Student Text)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Your Life in Christ: Foundations in Catholic Morality (Student Text) [Third Edition]