Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible
Publication date: December 5, 2022
Do you long to connect with a variety of women just like you who live the Word of God in the world each day?
That connection is what makes the Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible different from other Bibles for women: it includes almost four-hundred pages of special features created for women by women—more than forty scholars, teachers, religious, authors, ministers, and speakers—such as Leah Darrow, Sarah Christmyer, Johnnette Benkovic Williams, Meg Hunter-Kilmer, and Sr. Maria Kim-Ngân Bùi, FSP—who come from a variety of backgrounds and reflect the diversity of the Catholic faith. You can walk through scripture in community with other women who seek to become closer to God by reading his Word and living it in their daily lives.
The stunning beauty of the Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible also makes it stand out among its peers. The extraordinary and elegant design enhances your reading experience by connecting various features throughout the text including fifty profiles of women in the Bible, ninety-seven Living in the Light of Faith essays, Take it to Heart questions for reflection and journaling, and quotations from saints and holy women. The tranquil colors and other design elements help you feel at home in the Bible.
Other features include:
- the trusted and easy-to-read Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition translation
- exclusive comprehensive cross-references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church that help you to better understand how the Bible connects with what Catholics believe
- large, single-column text with plenty of room in the lightly lined, generous margins for journaling, drawing, and notetaking
- high-quality paper
- two ribbon markers
- an introduction to each book of the Bible that includes an overview, outline, historical context, and key themes
- inspiring and beautifully designed quotations from saints and other holy women, including Josephine Bakhita, Dorothy Day, Catherine of Siena, Hildegard of Bingen, Joan of Arc, Thea Bowman, and Thérèse of Lisieux
- questions for reflection
- prompts to help expand your reading on a theme in scripture
- reading plans
- a feature index noting all the topical essays and introductions in the Bible, organized by category
- a Women of the Word index highlighting every woman mentioned in the bible, the Women of the Word profiles, and the quotes from saints and other holy women, and
- reading plans.
The contributions received an imprimatur from Bishop Kevin C. Rhoades of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend and were reviewed by Catholic scholars including Christmyer, Catherine Cavadini, Mary Healy, Pia de Solenni, and Jennie Grillo.
Contributors include: Christmyer, Darrow, Benkovic Williams, Hunter-Kilmer, Bùi, Healy, Cavadini, Grillo, Teresa Tomeo, Sonja Corbitt, Lisa M. Hendey, Danielle Bean, Lisa Cotter, Kelly Anderson, Christine Kelly Baglow, Lavinia Spirito, Shannon Wimp Schmidt, Allison Gingras, Kathleen Beckman, Emily Jaminet, Maria Morera Johnson, Patty Breen, Sr. Sara Butler, MSBT, Rose Sweet, Elizabeth Tomlin, Ashley Crane, Martha Fernandez-Sardina, Tamra Hull Fromm, Pat Gohn, Denise Gustafson, Alessandra Harris, Barbara Heil, Kirby Hoberg, Debora Holiday, Samantha Kelley, Laurie Manhardt, Heidi Hess Saxton, Gayle Somers, Cathryn Torgerson-Wade, Colleen Reiss Vermeulen, Susan Wallace, and Sandy Wanzeck.
Trim size: 6.188 x 9.188 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
Join host Sarah Christmyer, editor of the Living the Word Catholic Women's Bible, as she has conversations with women about their experience reading, living, and praying with scripture.
Meg Hunter-Kilmer and Catherine Cavadini provide an introduction to reading and understanding the Bible in the Living the Word Catholic Women's Bible series.
“Unique and beautiful.”
“A unique and beautiful gift to the Church. I am grateful the Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible exists for women to dive into the beautiful truths of Scripture with reflections to help lead us along on our walk with the Lord.”
Founder and creative director of Blessed Is She
“A valuable addition for the women in your life. This Bible not only encourages us to spend time in the Word through its beauty and accessibility, but to also live out the Word through our thoughts and actions.”
Editor of We are Beloved: 30 Days with Thea Bowman
“Fabulous articles and sidebars.”
“Have you been waiting for a women’s Bible that leads you even deeper into an encounter with the Lord? All versions of the Bible deliver words that are living and active, but this version gives you the added gift of fabulous articles and sidebars that help you read within the heart of the Church. Open these pages and accept the invitation to spend quality time with the lover of your soul.”
Founder and chief purpose officer of Walking with Purpose
“This women’s Bible is an invitation for you to begin a daily relationship with the Word of God or to strengthen the one you already have.”
From the foreword by Mary Healy
“A treasure. Whether you are a novice to scripture reading or well versed in the Word, this Bible will lead you to renewal and refreshment in your relationship with God.”
Coauthor of Divine Mercy for Moms
- Living the Word Companion Journal$22.95
- Becoming Women of the Word$16.95
- Becoming Women of the Word (Book Group Discussion Guide)$0.00
- Be A Heart Planner$50.00 $10.00
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Hardcover)$49.95
- Awaken My Heart$17.95
- Called by Name$20.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Imitation Leather)$59.95
- One Sunday at a Time$24.95
- The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers$21.95
- The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion$17.95
- Awaken My Heart Prayer Journal$19.95 $7.00
- Pray Fully$15.95
- Pray for Us$18.95
- Fat Luther, Slim Pickin’s$17.95
- No Such Thing as Ordinary$15.95
- Secrets of the Sacred Heart$14.95
- The Ave Guide to the Scriptural Rosary$16.95
- Word by Word$15.95
- Praying a Christ-Centered Rosary$14.95
- The Ave Guide to Eucharistic Adoration$17.95