Discount applied in cart according to Bulk Pricing chart.
Publication date: September 30, 2022
Let the Holy Family be your light through Advent as you receive the healing power of Christ.
In this beautiful guided journal for prayer and meditation, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, SOLT—author of the bestselling book Restore—will walk with you as you explore familial wounds with the help of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
Behold features stunning original art by Josiah Henley of Heart of IESVS. Free weekly companion videos, a downloadable discussion guide, and other resources make this book perfect for parish-wide, individual, and book club use leading up to Christmas.
Each week of Behold will focus on a different theme that you can connect to your life in a practical way:
- Week one: Motherhood—Receive Mary as your mother and let her tender love soften your heart toward your earthly mother;
- Week two: Fatherhood—Adopt Joseph as your father and embrace his loving strength as you seek healing in your relationship with your own father;
- Week three: Childhood—Become childlike with Jesus and remember the core of who you are as you release your inner joy and playfulness; and
- Week four: Stable—Restore peace and unity in your family and regain hope.
Each day you will journey deeper into the meaning of Advent with a meditation, reflection questions, a prayer, and journaling space.
Trim size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
FREE Weekly Companion Videos with Sr. Miriam
Watch the Teaser Video Now
“What a beautiful gift.”
“I've had the great blessing to work with many spiritual leaders and writers, but Sr. Miriam stands uniquely apart. She is hands down the most gentle, peaceful, and naturally healing soul that I know. And what a beautiful gift she has given us in this Advent journey. She speaks to our hearts, to our brokenness, and to our needs in a way that only the Holy Spirit can. Praise God.”
Cofounder and CEO of Hallow
“Beautiful and prayerful Advent reflections.”
“I am thrilled to support Sr. Miriam’s reflections on the Holy Family for Advent. She writes ‘He is born in the poverty and dirt of a stable.’ It is increasingly common for us to sanitize the stable scene as our abiding images of it are more often pristine statues and perfect stable scenes in the front of our Churches. The stable scene is quite the mess; thanks be to God. For this reason, you can confidently accompany Sr. Miriam as she invites you in these beautiful and prayerful Advent reflections to bring your own hearts to the stable. The stable is not a place for statues, it is a place where the Holy Family would like to meet you this Advent, in the flesh.”
Sr. Josephine Garrett, CSFN
Licensed mental health counselor
“Sr. Miriam is a gentle guide.”
“From gift buying to meal planning it can be easy to get swept away with everything on my to-do list during Advent. But in the midst of the busyness of this season, this journal offers me space to reflect on my own story and the story of salvation. Sr. Miriam is a gentle guide and fellow traveler on the journey toward healing and the heart of Christ.:
Host of the podcast Letters to Women
- Behold Leader’s Guide$0.00
- Prepare Your Heart$11.95
- Prepara tu corazón$11.95
- 5-Minute Prayers Around the Advent Wreath$4.95
- Messages of Patience for Advent and Christmas 2023$2.50
- Draw Near$2.75
- Advent and Christmas$2.50
- Welcoming the Christ Child with Padre Pio$13.95
- One Sunday at a Time$24.95
- One Sunday at a Time$24.95
- The Reed of God$13.95
- Gaze Upon Jesus$16.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Hardcover)$49.95
- Reflections during Advent (eBook)$4.99
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Imitation Leather)$59.95