Prepare Your Heart
Discount applied in cart according to Bulk Pricing chart.
Join Fr. Agustino Torres, CFR—founder of Corazón Puro—on a multimedia Advent journey led by the saints and the Holy Family to prepare yourself to enter into the story of Christ’s birth through prayer, charity, and joyful acts of service to the needy.
Prepare Your Heart features stunning original art by Valerie Delgado of Pax.Valerie, along with daily meditations on a passage from scripture, reflection questions, prayer, and space for journaling and notetaking.
During each week of Advent, you will embark on a new path informed by Franciscan spirituality to guide you to becoming closer to God:
- Week One, the way of Nazareth: a spirituality that attunes you to the needs of others and the hidden presence of God.
- Week Two, the way of the saints: featuring Sts. Lucy, Nicholas, Juan Diego, and Our Lady of Guadalupe, whose feast days fall during Advent; they will teach you to live with intentionality, humility, and devotion.
- Week Three, the way of St. Joseph: revealing the creative courage of Jesus’s foster father, teaching you how he makes a home for each of us in the heart of God.
- Week Four, the way of Mary: a tutorial in learning how to say yes to God’s call for your life and trusting in his loving providence.
Prepare Your Heart is perfect for both individual and group use. Free companion videos; ideas for celebrating Sundays in Advent with family, friends, and small groups; and a downloadable leader’s guide are available at avemariapress.com.
The book, videos, leader’s guide, and family guide are available in Spanish as well.
Trim size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“I highly recommend this book .”
“This book is a welcome invitation for us to journey with the Holy Family of Nazareth on a deeply personal level. Through Fr. Agustino Torres’s reflections and Valerie Delgado's illustrations, we are encouraged to see ourselves as close friends and beloved family members of the Holy Family, which moves us to eagerly interact with scripture and engage our faith and communities with intentionality. The combination of contemplative and active prayer is a refreshing approach that spurs us to trust in the Newborn King and bear his coming through meaningful acts of faith. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to deepen their relationship with Jesus this Advent.”
Catholic speaker and author
“Relatable, reflective, and energizing.”
“Prepare Your Heart brought a fresh perspective to a story I’ve heard my whole life. It brought me deeper into the infinite love of Christ and showed me how to truly prepare my mind and heart for his coming at Christmas. One of the things I loved most about this Advent journal is that it invited me to prepare for Christ's arrival through perspectives of faith-filled figures such as Our Lady of Guadalupe, St. Lucy, John the Baptist, Mary, and Joseph—and let them walk with me on my journey to Christmas. Their stories and witness inspired me to grow in a better understanding of the true meaning of Advent. This journal is relatable, reflective, and energizing, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to deepen their spiritual journey during the Advent season.”
Catholic speaker and performer
“In Prepare Your Heart, Torres takes us on an adventure through this simply profound Advent journal, walking us through the beautiful depth and richness of our faith and garnering wisdom from Nazareth, the saints, Joseph, and Mary. He invites us into an even greater intimacy with our Lord through falling in love with the commonplace way of life we all experience by walking alongside the Holy Family in the beautiful ordinary of their lives. I can't wait to read this with my husband and share its profound truths with my children as well. I know it will be an Advent where the Holy Family and way of the saints will bury themselves deep in our hearts to last a lifetime.”
Founder of Blessed is She
“A space for reflection, gratitude, and growth.”
“As someone who cherishes the Advent season, I can't recommend this journal enough. Imbued with Fr. Torres’s rich meditations and Franciscan spirit, Prepare Your Heart provides a space for reflection, gratitude, and growth during this sacred time of year. Whether you're looking to awaken your heart to God, connect with the deeper meaning of the season, or simply slow down and dig into what it really means to live like Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, this journal is the perfect companion. Its beautifully designed pages and original illustrations make it a joy to use, and its emphasis on bringing our whole selves to Jesus will transform your experience of Advent.”
Founder of the Chastity Project
“Speaks directly to the heart.”
“This journal speaks directly to the heart and joins hearts in preparation for the Incarnation. Journey through Nazareth with the Holy Family with these meditations, and let the Holy Spirit take you on a new journey this Advent season. This journal is perfect for both a personal Advent experience and also can be completed in community with others, either in a parish/group setting or online.”
Bishop Joseph Espaillat
Director of Hispanic Charismatic Renewal
Archdiocese of New York
- Prepare Your Heart Leader’s Guide$0.00
- Prepare Your Heart: A Guide for Families and Groups$0.00
- Prepara tu corazón$11.95
- Made for Heaven$13.95
- 5-Minute Prayers Around the Advent Wreath$4.95
- Welcoming the Christ Child with Padre Pio$13.95
- Advent and Christmas$2.75
- One Sunday at a Time$24.95
- One Sunday at a Time$24.95
- The Ave Prayer Intentions Journal$17.95
- Living the Seasons$34.95
- Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible$64.95
- Living the Word Companion Journal$22.95
- The Ave Treasury of Catholic Prayers$19.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Hardcover)$49.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Imitation Leather)$59.95
- The Reed of God$13.95
- Gaze Upon Jesus$16.95
- The Unsheltered Heart$5.95