Winner of a third-place award in the collection of prayers category from the Catholic Media Association.
Every mother is looking for a spiritual lifeline—words that help bring you closer to God when you need him the most.
The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers is your go-to resource to find the perfect words to lift up in prayer for almost any occasion or need. This beautiful, full-color, hardcover book includes a collection of original and traditional prayers and reflections from dozens of moms just like you. You might need “A Kitchen Sink Offering,” “The Nine Annoying Things Novena,” “The Rosary for Warriors,” or “A Birthday Prayer.” Or you might want to read about more traditional prayers such as the Angelus, the Jesus Prayer, or the Memorare.
Join familiar moms including Jackie Francois Angel, Karianna Frey, Rachel Bulman, Sarah Christmyer, Jenna Guizar, Lisa M. Hendey, Haley S. Stewart, Kathryn Whitaker, Kendra Tierney, Michele Faehnle, Emily Jaminet, and Kelly M. Wahlquist as they share their favorite prayers and stories as a way to help you refresh your prayer life, leading you into God’s presence.
In this unique and extensive compilation you will find:
- short reflections for Adoration or holy hour;
- heartfelt prayers of praise, contrition, petition, and thanksgiving paired with meaningful connections to scripture;
- a special section dedicated to praying the Rosary, including variations for specific needs;
- prayers for spouses, children, extended family, and friends; and
- simple litanies and novenas to encourage family prayer.
Whether you work your way from beginning to end or use the thematic index to target specific needs, these prayers and reflections will inspire you to make your life an ongoing conversation with God.
Buy one for a friend and keep a copy on the counter, in your bag, or in the car for those times you want to spend a few precious minutes with God.
Trim size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“A joyful celebration of the faith.”
“With so many contributors from different life perspectives, the beautiful diversity of Catholic motherhood really shines through the pages of this book. Each contributor shares from her heart about a personal experience of prayer and the end result is both a joyful celebration of the faith we all share in common and an inspiring look at the beautiful ways that Catholic moms are different.”
Brand manager of CatholicMom.com
“An excellent resource for ordinary moms.”
“The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers is an excellent resource for ordinary moms who want to tap into the graces of an extraordinary God. Drawing from scripture and the powerful litanies of the Church, it will help you turn useless worry into powerful prayer. Keep a copy in your purse and another by your bed. You’ll find it to be just what you need!”
Founder and chief purpose officer of Walking with Purpose
“From cultivating more intimacy in married life, to childbirth, raising your crew, blessing your children as they leave home, and even caring for elderly parents, this prayer book has you covered! What a gift for those navigating every stage of motherhood!”
Catholic speaker and author of Emotional Virtue
“A real treasure.”
“The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers is a real treasure; a great gathering of prayers for all seasons of the heart and of wisdom gleaned from the experience of many wonderful women of faith. I'll be gifting copies of this book to many mothers and I’ll get a copy for myself (and some men I know) as well!”
Rev. James H. Phalan, C.S.C.
National Director of Family Rosary
- Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible$64.95
- Living the Word Companion Journal$22.95
- The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion$18.95
- Living the Seasons$34.95
- The Ave Prayer Intentions Journal$17.95
- The Ave Treasury of Catholic Prayers$19.95
- Small Steps for Catholic Moms$17.95
- The Handbook for Catholic Moms$17.95
- Divine Mercy for Moms$15.95
- Bless My Child$13.95
- Bless Us, O Lord$17.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Imitation Leather)$59.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Hardcover)$49.95
- Awaken My Heart$17.95
- Awaken My Heart Prayer Journal$19.95
- Called by Name$20.95
- A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms$18.95
- Giving Thanks and Letting Go$14.95
- Our Not-Quite-Holy Family$15.95
- Befriending St. Joseph$13.95
- The Ave Guide to the Scriptural Rosary$16.95
- The Ave Guide to Eucharistic Adoration$17.95
- One Sunday at a Time$24.95
- One Sunday at a Time$24.95