Lisa M. Hendey, founder of the award-winning CatholicMom.com and bestselling author of The Handbook for Catholic Moms and The Grace of Yes shares her passion for the saints by introducing fifty-two holy companions as guides for the amazing vocation of Catholic motherhood.
Guided by the example of the saints, Hendey eloquently links personal stories, scripture, prayer, and soul-strengthening exercises into a spiritually rich and deeply practical resource for Catholic women. This edition includes a new preface and cover and is updated with information about saints canonized since the first edition.
Allow The Book of Saints for Catholic Moms to help you grow in your faith and enrich your heart, mind, body, and soul by spending each week of the year with Lisa M. Hendey and a different saint. This award-winning spiritual guidebook introduces you to popular saints such as Thérèse of Lisieux, Teresa of Calcutta, John Paul II, and Patrick, as well as lesser known but equally inspiring saints such as Gianna Beretta Molla and Damien of Molokai.
Each week Hendey offers:
- a thematic prayer intention;
- biographical and devotional information about the saint;
- lessons she learned from each saint;
- daily scripture meditations;
- activities for moms and children; and
- practical, spiritually rich steps that help moms incorporate the wisdom and exemplary faith of each figure into their own lives.
Trim size: 6 x 9 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“Accessible, inviting, and above all, useful.”
“Every time a Catholic mother asks me what author she should read, I have a ready answer: Lisa Hendey. Her latest book on the saints provides a rich pattern of learning, reflection, prayer and practical Catholic-living suggestions, based on the lives of fifty-two great heroes and heroines of our faith. It is a book that every mother (and father, son, and daughter too) will find accessible, inviting, and above all, useful.”
James Martin, S.J.
“Joy, guidance, and companionship.”
“I am so grateful for Lisa Hendey’s new book. Whether you’re a spiritual mom like me or a mom with children who keep you on the move, A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms will provide much joy, guidance, and companionship on your journey.”
Host of Catholic Connection
“Inspires and encourages.”
“Lisa Hendey knows exactly what inspires and encourages so many Catholic moms, and in this book, she absolutely delivers it.”
Editorial Director, Faith & Family
“An easy, informative read.”
“Whether discussing lighthearted topics such as 'overflowing mounds of dirty laundry' or serious issues such as mental illness and single parenthood, Hendey writes in a warm, conversational tone that makes each saint's chapter an easy, informative read.”
Our Sunday Visitor
- The Handbook for Catholic Moms$17.95
- The Grace of Yes$15.95
- 5-Minute Prayers Around the Advent Wreath$4.95
- The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion$17.95
- The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers$21.95
- Imitating Mary$15.95
- Pray for Us$18.95
- Set the World on Fire$18.95
- My Badass Book of Saints$15.95
- Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible$64.95
- Divine Mercy for Moms$15.95
- The Saints$9.95
- Welcoming the Christ Child with Padre Pio$13.95
- Encountering Signs of Faith$16.95
- Called by Name$20.95