The Joined by Grace Couple’s Book prepares engaged couples by sharing what the Church teaches about marriage and how the grace of the sacraments can help them build and sustain healthy and lasting marriages.
The Joined by Grace Couple’s Book:
- Integrates the riches of Catholic teaching on marriage and advice from marriage and family experts
- Provides rich reading material and simple exercises to help couples reflect more deeply on their relationship and future together
- Communicates the importance of skills such as welcoming and accepting each other, being present, giving yourself completely, forgiving, and healing, and how these skills are blessed and strengthened by the grace of the sacraments
- Includes six steps in each chapter that move engaged couples from an introduction of a theme about what the Church teaches about marriage to practical skills for successful marriages
Each Joined by Grace Couple’s Pack includes two books. Couple's Pack also available in Spanish.
About Joined by Grace
Joined by Grace was developed with one goal in mind: to help engaged couples build strong, life-giving, and lasting unions by inspiring them to welcome God into their marriages more completely.
Offering couples the tools they need for life after their wedding day, Joined by Grace shows how the seven sacraments can help build marriages that are rooted in Christ by teaching couples to accept and be fully present to one another, give themselves completely, and serve and forgive each other.
Published by Ave Maria Press—the publisher of Together for Life and a leader in marriage ministry for almost 50 years—written by marriage experts John and Teri Bosio, and produced by the Emmy-winning Spirit Juice Studios, Joined by Grace provides parish leaders, mentor couples, and engaged couples the most comprehensive, innovative, and up-to-date marriage preparation program for Catholic parishes today and the first to emphasize the connection between marriage and the other six sacraments.
Trim size: 6 x 9 inches
Item #: JBG-COUPLE
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“An excellent tool.”
“An excellent tool to help parishes welcome young couples to marriage and prepare them to embrace their Christian vocation.”
Most Rev. David R. Choby
Bishop of Nashville
“Well grounded in the Church's sacramental theology.”
“Joined by Grace uses real-life vignettes that draw engaged couples into a deep process of learning and discernment. The program’s approach is well-grounded in the Church’s sacramental theology and provides a basic appreciation of the life of grace at work within us. Suitable for use with couples at every level of faith development and knowledge, it makes good use of mentor couples as companions for the engaged and sets the stage for ongoing support and marriage enrichment. Solid theology, practical examples, and engaging parishioners together provide a great recipe for a man and a woman who will be joined by grace as they pledge their love for life.”
Most Rev. Joseph E. Kurtz
Archbishop of Louisville
“An invaluable resource for engaged couples.”
“Joined by Grace has proven to be an invaluable resource for the engaged couples we have mentored during the past two years. The Couple's Book provides valuable insights on the spiritual dimensions of marriage and facilitates vital discussions across a range of topics including finance, intimacy, spirituality, and more. Every couple we worked with read the chapters and came to the next meeting saying, ‘We needed to talk about this.’ Because the program is structured around a catechesis on the sacraments, engaged couples grow spiritually. It is a must-have resource. We no longer facilitate marriage preparation without this wonderful book in our tool kit.”
Deacon Paul and Amy Taylor
St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church
“A true blessing.”
“I have used the Couple's Book over the past two years in preparing seventeen engaged couples for marriage and found the book to be a true blessing. Many of these couples tell me of conversations they have had about important matters that they otherwise would never have had, if not for what they read there. I highly recommend this book for both its practical approach and deep spiritual base.”
Deacon Mike Catalano
St. Henry Catholic Church
“We saw in both our engaged and mentor couples a definite uptick in their sacramental knowledge and faith. They came away better equipped to live sacramentally, and that is beautiful.”
Rev. Andrew Gawrych, C.S.C.
Former Associate Pastor
Tri-Community Catholic Parish
Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Libro de parejas Unidos por la gracia$24.95
- Joined by Grace Starter Pack$124.95 $75.00
- Joined by Grace Mentor Pack$99.95 $50.00
- Joined by Grace Program Manual$29.95
- Joined by Grace: A Catholic Prayer Book for Engaged and Newly Married Couples$10.95
- The Order of Celebrating Matrimony Complete Ritual Card Edition$77.95
- Just Married$17.95
- 101 Tips for a Happier Marriage$13.95