Winner of a first-place award for prayer books from the Association of Catholic Publishers and honorable mentions for design and first-time authors from the Catholic Media Association.
Contemporary Catholic artist Jen Norton offers a unique opportunity to ponder the extravagant love of Christ through the Stations of the Cross. Combining Norton’s powerful, full-color illustrations with scripture, her original reflections and prayers, and journaling space, Surrender All will help you encounter Christ’s Passion in a new light.
Full of passion, energy, and faith, Jen Norton’s paintings have inspired believers from every walk of life. In this beautiful book, Norton takes you on a personal retreat, inviting you to walk with Jesus from the joy of Palm Sunday through the Stations of the Cross and to the glory of the Resurrection.
In each chapter you will find:
- stirring interpretations of scenes from Jesus’ final days leading up to his death and resurrection, with complementary scripture art to deepen your devotion;
- brief scripture readings accompanied by a reflection from the author;
- journal prompts to help you experience the stations more deeply;
- a creative exercise based on the Gospel passage; and
- prayers to draw your heart to Jesus.
As you ponder each image and meditate through the day’s readings and journaling prompts, you will find yourself surrendering to the Son of Man who offered himself up for us all.
Surrender All is a perfect prayer companion for adoration or holy hour, Lenten devotions, or personal prayer any time of the year.
Trim size: 6 x 9 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
Way of the Cross Reflections
|Restoration in Lent with Sr. Miriam James Heidland, SOLT||At the Foot of the Cross with Leticia Ochoa Adams||Praying with Art for Lent with Jen Norton||Entering into the Desert with Fr. John Burns|
“Jen Norton's art causes the scriptures to resonate prayerfully.”
“Jen Norton’s mastery of the symbolic power of color compels us to ponder anew the events leading to our redemption. Her art causes the scriptures to resonate prayerfully, leading us from simple meditation to mystical contemplation.”
Vatican art historian and author of How Catholic Art Saved the Faith
“A unique artistic and contemplative journey.”
“In this unique artistic and contemplative journey through the Stations of the Cross you will see the passion of Christ in a whole new light. Norton’s powerful writing will help you prayerfully unite yourself with Jesus on his journey to Calvary. A treasure for Lenten meditation or anytime.”
Coauthor of Divine Mercy for Moms and Pray Fully
“Find yourself fired up by this devotion in a whole new way.”
“Every Lent, I attempt to follow the Stations of the Cross every week, and I have usually fallen away mid-way through the season! Jen Norton’s journal has changed that for me. It offers so many avenues of prayer, contemplation, and discussion, I find myself fired up by this devotion in a whole new way. I know you will be, too!”
Catholic author and founder and host of Reconciled to You
- John Paul II’s Biblical Way of the Cross$2.75
- Restore Leader’s Guide$0.00
- Everyone’s Way of the Cross$1.75
- Stations of the Cross with the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus$6.95
- Living Memento Mori$13.95
- Give Up Worry for Lent!$13.95
- Jesus, Friend of My Soul$13.95
- Lenten Healing$13.95
- The Gift of the Cross$3.50