The following guidelines will help Ave Maria Press, Inc. (AVE), expedite your return and issue any credit due to you.
Bookstore and Trade Customers:
No returns (excluding high school textbooks and confirmation programs) will be accepted prior to 90 days after the invoice date.
All returns must be received within one year of invoice date except textbooks, which need to be returned within 6 months of the date of invoice.
Parish, School, and Organizations:
All returns must be received within 6 months of the date of invoice.
All returns must be received within 30 days of the date of invoice.
All textbooks must be returned within 6 months of the date of invoice. Returns are limited to 15 percent of your total textbook purchases in a 12 month period. If returns exceed 15 percent you will be charged a 10 percent restocking fee.
No returns will be accepted for titles returned 6 months after having been declared out-of-print (you may view a complete list of our out-of-print titles here, or for titles originally sold on a nonreturnable basis. Seasonal titles are always nonreturnable.
- High school textbooks are nonreturnable as of December 31st of the year in which they are declared nonreturnable.
No returns will be accepted if the books contain stickers or other residue; if they have bent, torn, cut covers or pages; and/or if they have dirty, scuffed, scratched, autographed, stamped, or faded covers or pages.
Returns must be packed securely to prevent damage, and they must be shipped back to AVE via USPS, UPS, or FedEx. Shipping charges are nonrefundable.
Items returned in saleable condition without proper documentation—either a copy of the original invoice or a completed Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) form—will be credited at 50 percent of the retail price of the book as long as they were originally purchased from AVE.
Any item returned to AVE that does not meet the above guidelines will not receive credit and will not be returned to you.
To Ensure Prompt and Accurate Credit
Please follow the four steps listed below:
- Download the RMA form listed above, or call our Sales Department at (800) 282-1865, ext. 1, and we will email or fax you the RMA form.
- Email the completed RMA form to our Sales Department at [email protected] or fax it to (800) 282-5681.
- Wait for an approved RMA from us. Once we have verified all information we will return to you a copy of the RMA form to include with your shipment of books. The RMA that we return to you will list the books unacceptable for return.
- Please package books securely to ensure against damage during shipping!
Claims for Defective or Damaged Books
Claims for defective or damaged products must be made within 14 days of the receipt of your shipment. Please inspect the books and cartons carefully upon receipt. Should you notice damage, please report to us at (800) 282-1865, ext. 1, to arrange for replacement copies and instructions on how to return the damaged product for credit.