Leah Darrow, a speaker, author, Season 2 contestant on America’s Next Top Model, and founder of Lux U, shares about her struggles with depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, “mom guilt,” balance, and explores ways one can find peace & strength through spiritual practices such as prayer and meditation, regularly attending daily Mass, and “recalibrating” one’s routine.
Listen now on the following:
If you are in crisis or you think you may have an emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. If you're having suicidal thoughts, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to speak with a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area at any time (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline). If you are located outside the United States, call your local emergency line immediately.
With the help of professionals and those who have struggled with stress, anxiety, and other mental health issues, we’re offering insights, resources, and suggestions for a path to healing and a road to hope in the midst of dark and scary times.
Join Ave Explores—It's FREE!
Books to Consider
- Responding to Suicide$18.95
- Let Go of Anger and Stress!$14.95
- When a Loved One Dies by Suicide$11.95
- Give Up Worry for Lent!$13.95
- Helping Teens with Stress, Anxiety, and Depression$15.95 $12.00
- Riding the Dragon$13.95
- The Twelve Steps and the Sacraments$15.95
- Be Healed$16.95
- Loved as I Am$12.95 $9.00
- Breakthrough$15.95 $11.00
- Be Brave in the Scared$15.95