- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text) [Second Edition]
Framework Course II
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: April 13, 2017
Available from These Digital Distributors
Who is Jesus Christ?
Deeply considering that question and its answer are at the core of Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry, now in its second edition and part of the Encountering Jesus textbook series.
The textbook’s objectives include sharing what Christ reveals about God, uncovering the mystery of the Incarnation, and exploring how growing in discipleship with Jesus helps students live a better life.
The second edition includes exciting new features to keep students engaged:
- contemporary news openers that connect with the chapter material;
- note-taking prompts that help students highlight, outline, and remember what they’ve read; and
- infographics and photo essays that incorporate key concepts and will resonate with today’s digitally connected teens.
Popular features found in the first edition remain: three chapter assignment options geared toward a specific learning style; focus questions and chapter summaries; vocabulary terms boldfaced and defined in the margins; profiles of saints; and prayer suggestions. In addition, the “Hands, Hearts, and Minds” feature in each chapter fosters service, prayer, and investigative learning.
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry has one of the most extensive collections of online teacher and student resources available, including directed reading worksheets, crossword puzzles, PowerPoint slides, YouTube writing and discussion assignments, chapter texts, and handouts.
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry supports Course II of the USCCB Curriculum Framework and is part of the Encountering Jesus series. While primarily intended for second semester freshman theology students, it is also suitable for a one-semester Scripture course on the New Testament or the Gospels.
(© 2017) In conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the USCCB Curriculum Framework.
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 1(Large)
- Chapter 1(Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Medium)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Medium)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Medium)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Medium)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Medium)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Medium)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
Directed Reading Worksheets
- Chapter 1: Salvation History
- Chapter 1: The Paschal Mystery
- Chapter 1: Faith
- Chapter 2: How Can Jesus Be Both God and Human?
- Chapter 2: Bishop Barron on the Genealogy of Jesus
- Chapter 2: The Missing Years of Jesus
- Chapter 3: Persecution of Christians in Syria
- Chapter 3: Christmas HD
- Chapter 3: Origin of the “Jesus Fish”
- Chapter 4: When God’s Plan Makes No Sense
- Chapter 5: What Is the Trinity?
- Chapter 5: God the Father/Columbia Catholic Ministry
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Holy Spirit in the Life of the Church
- Chapter 6: Mary: Mother of God (Annunciation)
- Chapter 6: Mary: Perpetual Virginity
- Chapter 6: Ave Maria (Latin lyrics with English translation)
- Chapter 7: Olympic Athletes Nikki Hamblin and Abbey D’Agostino
- Chapter 7: Intentional Discipleship: Our Fundamental Catholic Identity
- Chapter 7: Do’s and Don’ts of the Corporal Works of Mercy
- Chapter 8: Pope Francis Draws Huge Crowds for World Youth Day
- Chapter 8: HAPPINESS
- Chapter 8: When Making Life Choices, Turn to the Eucharist
Other books in The Encountering Jesus Series:
- Foundations of Catholic Social Teaching: Living as a Disciple of Christ (Student Text)
- Jesus and the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic (Student Text)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Student Text) [Second Edition]
The Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Second Edition) eTextbook is available for the iPad in the iBookstore.
The Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Second Edition) is available on VitalSource.
The Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Second Edition) eTextbook is available in the EdTech/ESCO Shelfit Bookstore.