Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition) introduces students to a deeper theological study of essential life questions, foremost: “Why do we need to be saved?” and “How are we saved?” The answers are revealed in God's plan for Redemption.
Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition), now written and formatted in the instructional design of the Encountering Jesus series, offers a blueprint for a thorough theology that is complemented by ample opportunities for faith-filled discipleship. This text shares God's invitation for a fuller participation in the Paschal Mystery of Christ.
Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition) maintains the excellence for which the first edition had been known and appreciated, and upholds and amplifies the tradition and standard of excellence of author Michael Pennock. The text is intellectually stimulating but accessible to students of all types of learning styles and skills who enter this course with varying backgrounds in theology.
This is a textbook primarily for first-semester sophomores enrolled in a Catholic high school. It serves as the core textbook for a course “The Mission of Jesus Christ (Paschal Mystery)” as specified by Course III of the USCCB's doctrinal framework.
Developed in collaboration with experts in theology, catechesis, and pedagogy, Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition) includes a number of new features as part of an innovative design, including:
- Chapter Focus Questions: Each chapter’s main idea is posed as a question to the student to provide a broader context in which new ideas can be integrated and understood.
- Infographics: A wide variety of visual and interactive designs throughout the text helps students understand theological concepts in ways they will remember.
- Currents Events: Each chapter opens with a story from the contemporary world that teens can relate to their own lives.
- Educational Photos: Images throughout the text have been carefully chosen not only to illustrate the chapter but also for teachers and students to use as educational tools.
- Note-Taking Graphic Organizers: Designed to help students organize, summarize, and sequence the text, various types of organizers were customized for every section of the book.
- Section Assessments: Each section includes pedagogically designed assessment questions with labels that show how the questions serve a variety of different learning styles.
- Online Resources: As always, teachers can access a wide variety of online resources at the Ave Maria Press website, including videos, PowerPoints, handouts, crossword puzzles, reading guides, and tests.
(© 2018) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Core Course III of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Teacher’s Manual) [Second Edition]$44.95
- Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
- Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
- Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
- Jesus and the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic (Student Text)$28.95
- 31 Days to Becoming a Better Religious Educator$10.95
- Called to Teach$14.95