Who is Jesus Christ?
Deeply considering that question and its answer are at the core of Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry, now in its second edition and part of the Encountering Jesus textbook series.
The textbook’s objectives include sharing what Christ reveals about God, uncovering the mystery of the Incarnation, and exploring how growing in discipleship with Jesus helps students live a better life.
The second edition includes exciting new features to keep students engaged:
- contemporary news openers that connect with the chapter material;
- note-taking prompts that help students highlight, outline, and remember what they’ve read; and
- infographics and photo essays that incorporate key concepts and will resonate with today’s digitally connected teens.
Popular features found in the first edition remain: three chapter assignment options geared toward a specific learning style; focus questions and chapter summaries; vocabulary terms boldfaced and defined in the margins; profiles of saints; and prayer suggestions. In addition, the “Hands, Hearts, and Minds” feature in each chapter fosters service, prayer, and investigative learning.
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry has one of the most extensive collections of online teacher and student resources available, including directed reading worksheets, crossword puzzles, PowerPoint slides, YouTube writing and discussion assignments, chapter texts, and handouts.
Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry supports Course II of the USCCB Curriculum Framework and is part of the Encountering Jesus series. While primarily intended for second semester freshman theology students, it is also suitable for a one-semester Scripture course on the New Testament or the Gospels.
(© 2017) In conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the USCCB Curriculum Framework.
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
- Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Teacher’s Manual) [Second Edition]$44.95
- Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Student Text) [Second Edition]$28.95
- 5 Minutes with Christ$13.95
- Bible Basics for Catholics$15.95
- Foundations of Catholic Social Teaching: Living as a Disciple of Christ (Student Text)$28.95
- Jesus and the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic (Student Text)$28.95