Winner of a 2020 Catholic Press Association book award (second place, theology-morality, ethics, Christology, Mariology, and redemption).
The earliest of Mary’s apparitions can be traced back to the first century of the Church and have continued into modern times, inspiring the faithful to devotion to her and to a deeper love of Christ her son.
In Virgin, Mother, Queen, popular radio and television host Michael O’Neill gathers fascinating details from Mary’s mystical appearances around the world. Robert Fastiggi, professor of systemic theology at Sacred Heart Major Seminary, answers questions about the historical and theological development of Marian teachings throughout Church history.
The ten, Church-sanctioned apparitions and their corresponding titles of Mary are:
- Virgin: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexico, 1531)
- Mediatrix of Grace: Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal (Rue du Bac, France, 1830)
- Mother of Sorrows: Our Lady of La Salette (France, 1846)
- Immaculate, All-Holy: Our Lady of Lourdes (France, 1858)
- Advocate: Our Lady of Hope (Pontmain, France, 1871)
- Blessed: The Knock Apparition (Ireland, 1879)
- Mother of the Church: Our Lady of the Rosary (Fatima, Portugal, 1917)
- Queen of Heaven: The Virgin of the Golden Heart/Our Lady of Beuraing (Belgium, 1932)
- Mother of Mercy: Virgin of the Poor/Our Lady of Banneaux (Belgium, 1933)
- Mother of God: Our Lady of Sorrows/Our Lady of Kibeho (Rwanda, 1981)
Virgin, Mother, Queen includes full-color illustrations and recounts in story and teaching why the apparitions and titles of Mary continue to be relevant today. Each chapter contains traditional prayers associated with these historic Marian shrines.
Trim size: 6 x 9 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
|Our Lady of Guadalupe with Geovanne Garcia||Immaculate, Miraculous Mary with Michael O’Neill||Mary on the Journey with Us with Host Katie Prejean McGrady||Female Doctors of the Church and Spiritual Direction with Vinita Hampton Wright|
“A beautiful book.”
“This beautiful book combines history and theology both to deepen our devotion and to answer our questions about Mary’s role throughout Church history.”
Author of The Marian Option
“A true treasure.”
“There is little doubt that Virgin, Mother, Queen will be a true treasure that will serve as an important and creative tool for the New Evangelization.”
Catholic author and syndicated radio talk show host
“A rich variety of Marian truth and devotion that will joyfully feed both the Catholic mind and heart.”
St. John Paul II Chair of Mariology
Franciscan University of Steubenville
“Convincing and accessible.”
“Very interesting to someone not normally fascinated with Mariology. Good for those unfamiliar with the subject. Convincing and accessible.”
Catholic Press Association