- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
FREE SHIPPING on orders of $25 or more*. Use code: FREE25
Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Student Text) [Second Edition]
Framework Course I
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: December 15, 2015
Available from These Digital Distributors
This thoroughly revised and enhanced edition of Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World introduces the story of salvation as it unfolds in both the Old Testament and New Testament. The text provides a thorough plan for reading and studying the Bible and gives students a general knowledge and appreciation of Sacred Scripture through which they encounter Jesus Christ.
Theologically rich and challenging, yet accessible to students of all catechetical backgrounds, Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World (Second Edition) offers an inspiring, new pedagogical presentation rooted in several opportunities for engaging, learning, mastering, and applying course content to promote lasting knowledge of the core elements required in Course I of the USCCB curriculum framework.
Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World supports Course I of the USCCB Curriculum Framework and is a part of the Encountering Jesus series. It is also suitable for schools teaching a one-semester Scripture course or an Introduction to the Catholic Faith course in both high schools and parish religious education programs.
Developed in collaboration with experts in theology, catechesis, and pedagogy, Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World includes a number of new features as part of an innovative design, including:
- Chapter Focus Questions: Each chapter’s main idea is posed as a question to the student to provide a broader context in which new ideas can be integrated and understood.
- Infographics: A wide variety of visual and interactive designs throughout the text help students understand theological concepts in ways they will remember.
- Currents Events: Each chapter opens with a story from the contemporary world that teens can relate to their own lives.
- Educational Photos: Images throughout the text have been carefully chosen not only to illustrate the chapter but for teachers and students to use as educational tools.
- Note-Taking Graphic Organizers: Designed to help students organize, summarize, and sequence the text, various types of organizers were customized for every section of the book.
- Section Assessments: Each section includes pedagogically designed assessment questions with labels that show how the questions serve a variety of different learning styles.
- Online Resources: As always, teachers can access a wide variety of online resources at the Ave Maria Press website, including videos, PowerPoints, handouts, crossword puzzles, reading guides, and tests.
The enhanced digital edition of Jesus Christ: God’s Revelation to the World includes exclusive access to videos from the Apostleship of Prayer, America Media, Catholic Relief Services, the Congregation of Holy Cross, and Word on Fire Catholic Ministries. These videos enrich the written text with expert explanations of key theological concepts, sacred people, and sacred places by Bishop Robert Barron, Dr. John Bergsma, Rev. Kevin Grove, C.S.C., Rev. James Kubick, S.J., and Rev. James Martin, S.J.
(© 2016) In conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the USCCB Curriculum Framework.
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- Chapter 1 (Large)
- Chapter 1 (Medium)
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Medium)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Medium)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Medium)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Medium)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Medium)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Medium)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
- Chapter 9 (Large)
- Chapter 9 (Medium)
- Chapter 9 (Small)
- Chapter 10 (Large)
- Chapter 10 (Medium)
- Chapter 10 (Small)
Directed Reading Worksheets
- Chapter 1: Happiness
- Chapter 1: Does God Really Exist?
- Chapter 1: What Is the Trinity?
- Chapter 2: Why Do Catholics Have 7 More Books in Their Bible?
- Chapter 2: Ways to Read the Bible
- Chapter 2: James Martin, S.J. on 'Lectio Divina'
- Chapter 3: Christ 101: The Power of Oral Tradition in Ancient Cultures
- Chapter 3: The Old Testament Told in 5 Minutes
- Chapter 3: Scott Hahn- St. Paul: Persecutor to Apostle
- Chapter 4: 3MC - Episode 25 - What is Original Sin?
- Chapter 4: The Covenant with Abraham
- Chapter 4: The Passover Seder, The Last Supper, and The Roman Catholic Mass
- Chapter 5: Fr. Robert Barron on David and the Priesthood
- Chapter 5: What is the Book of Isaiah?
- Chapter 5: Biblical History (Part 10)
- Chapter 6: A Child is Born
- Chapter 6: ShareJesus Video 66: Put Out Into the Deep
- Chapter 6: Tabor and Golgotha - Lenten Reflection
- Chapter 7: Holy Land Tour Part 1
- Chapter 7: Imagine Discipleship
- Chapter 7: The Beatitudes
- Chapter 8: Jimmy Akin - Why Did Jesus Perform Many Miracles Privately?
- Chapter 8: Symbolon Excerpt: The Paschal Mystery - Catholic Adult Faith Formation
- Chapter 8: Sophia Sketchpad: The Eucharist
- Chapter 9: Wisdom of Ephesus: The Gospel of John
- Chapter 9: C4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith - What Do Catholics Say About Jesus and the Jews?
- Chapter 9: Why Does Jesus Ask Peter 3 Times, "Do You Love Me?"
- Chapter 10: Fr. Kapaun
- Chapter 10: ShareJesus Video 53: The Central Message
- Chapter 10: Influencing the World
Other books in The Jesus Christ Series:
- Jesus Christ (Video Collection)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Teacher's Manual)
- Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Teacher's Manual) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Teacher's Manual)
Other books in The Encountering Jesus Series:
- Foundations of Catholic Social Teaching: Living as a Disciple of Christ (Student Text)
- The History of the Catholic Church (Student Text)
- Jesus and the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic (Student Text)
- Jesus Christ: His Mission and Ministry (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Student Text) [Second Edition]
- Your Christian Vocation (Student Text)
- Your Life in Christ: Foundations in Catholic Morality (Student Text) [Third Edition]
The Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Second Edition) eTextbook is available for the iPad in the iBookstore.
The Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Second Edition) eTextbook is available on VitalSource.
The Jesus Christ: God's Revelation to the World (Second Edition) eTextbook is available in the EdTech/ESCO Shelfit Bookstore.