Publication date: February 21, 2020
“I feel silly trying to make up prayers myself.”
“My mind starts to wander as I am speaking to God.”
“I just don’t have time to pray.”
Do you recognize yourself in any of these statements? Then Pray Fully is for you. Michele Faehnle and Emily Jaminet—bestselling authors of Divine Mercy for Moms and The Friendship Project—share the rewards and frustrations of their own prayer journeys to create a practical guide that combines testimonies, tips, and journaling space to help you spend quality time with God. Whether you want to learn how to pray aloud in a group or to stop your mind from wandering during prayer, Faehnle and Jaminet have practical advice and the real-life experience to help you overcome obstacles to everyday prayer.
Both raised in Catholic families who spent time in prayer, Faehnle and Jaminet wanted to experience a relationship with God that consisted of more than Sunday Mass and an occasional panicked Rosary or a rushed cry for help. They each found that the noisy, self-centered monologue of their youth grew into a fuller, more mature dialogue of love when they gave time to God and began to truly listen to him.
In Pray Fully, Faehnle and Jaminet share basic prayer principles that have helped them to become women of prayer:
- make time for personal, daily communication with Jesus
- spend time meditating and engaging in other spiritual practices such as adoration or the Examen
- recognize the critical times of each day when you need a “prayer boost”
- live deeply in the sacraments and enrich your life with sacramentals
- record your intentions and thank God for answered prayer
Encouraging stories and practical advice—including tips from the lives and writings of the saints—questions for personal reflection and private meditation, and journaling space will help you develop a lifelong dialogue with God.
The book is perfect for individual or group study.
Trim size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“Practical and easy to read.”
“I love this book! It is practical, easy to read, and vibrant with rich teaching from the Church’s tradition.”
Fr. Nathan Cromly, C.S.J.
St. John Institute
“A book on prayer I would recommend to anyone.”
“Pray Fully leads the reader with the simplest and most profound steps to find a personal way to talk to Jesus and hope for his answer. I have been at prayer in the abbey for more than fifty years, and this is a book on prayer I would recommend to anyone, from eight to eighty.”
Mother Dolores Hart, O.S.B.
Author of The Ear of the Heart
“You will find yourself growing in prayer.”
“If you read this book and follow the steps you will find yourself growing in prayer like never before and experience deeply the personal love of God—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.”
Fr. Michael Denk
Author of Pray 40 Days
“This book touched my heart and soul.”
“This book touched my heart and soul in a way that drew me deeper into the love and power of God. The thought-provoking reflections and questions for journaling were a prayer in itself and the real-life journeys of Emily Jaminet, Michele Faehnle, and the saints show us the simple, yet profound way to grow closer to our Lord and each other and to grow in a life of holiness to touch the world around us.”
President of Sacred Heart Apostolate
- The Friendship Project$17.95
- Divine Mercy for Moms$15.95
- Secrets of the Sacred Heart$14.95
- Holy Habits from the Sacred Heart$15.95
- Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible$64.95
- Living the Word Companion Journal$22.95
- Awaken My Heart$17.95
- Becoming Women of the Word$16.95
- The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers$21.95
- Awaken My Heart Prayer Journal$19.95 $7.00
- The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion$17.95
- In Full Bloom$14.95 $4.00
- No Such Thing as Ordinary$15.95