Love in Recovery is shame-free essential reading for Catholic women who want real answers about how to handle sexual desire and addiction to pornography and masturbation.
Rachael Killackey, founder and executive director of Magdala Ministries—an organization that helps women heal from sexual addiction—shares her personal story as she helps you to overcome your dependency, be free from shame, and live in hope.
In this much-needed and practical resource, Killackey offers compassionate, down-to-earth advice and identifies the gateways to pornography addiction, its complexities, and the path to healing. You will learn that you can:
- understand that your first exposure to porn was not your fault;
- forgive yourself;
- be honest with the Lord through the Sacrament of Confession;
- seek accountability and help in a group setting and professional, counseling or spiritual direction, if needed;
- replace old habits of lust with new ways to love; and
- share your story for the sake of freeing others.
Love in Recovery is also the perfect resource for those working to minister to sexually broken women.
Trim size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“Love in Recovery is brilliantly written, theologically sound, and refreshingly real. Rachael Killackey’s vulnerability in sharing her story offers hope to all who suffer in silence with pornography and sexual compulsion. I will recommend this book often!”
Author of Be Healed
“Whether porn is a part of your past or your present, Rachael's authenticity, practical wisdom, and—above all—her compassion will shed healing light on your own story, as it did for me.”
Director of Mission Advancement
Blessed is She
“I'm so glad it exists.”
“I have been praying for the day when a woman (or an army of women) like Killackey would find the courage to share their own stories of addiction and recovery. This book is going to be a light and a balm to many. I'm so glad it exists.”
Author of The Porn Myth
“A well of hope.”
“As a woman who is currently traveling the road to recovery with sexual addiction, Rachael Killackey’s words spoke directly to the wounded and tender places of my feminine heart. Her wisdom and compassion spring forth a well of hope in an area of struggle where so many women have felt unseen. With radical honesty, she takes the reader through a journey of intimacy with the Lord that goes far beyond sobriety and invites us to experience true healing.”
Magadala Ministries participant
- Be Healed$17.95
- Be Restored$18.95
- Do You Want to Be Healed?$15.95
- Loved as I Am$13.95
- Be Transformed$17.95
- St. Dymphna’s Playbook$17.95
- The Twelve Steps and the Sacraments$16.95
- The Catholic in Recovery Workbook$19.95
- Leaving Loneliness Behind$14.95
- Leaving Loneliness Behind: The Workbook$11.95