- Advent Resources
- Adult Faith Formation
- Bulletin Inserts
- Lent Resources
- Ministry and Pastoral Planning
- RCIA Resources
- Religious Education
- Retreat Resources
- Sacrament Preparation
- Small-Group Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stations of the Cross Booklets
- Youth Ministry
- Ministry Bestsellers
- Downloadable Resources
- Professional Webinars
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
- Adult Coloring Books
- Death and Dying
- Family and Parenting
- Grief and Loss
- Ignatian Spirituality
- Marian Books
- Marriage and Relationships
- Personal Growth
- Prayer Books and Devotionals
- Prayer and Meditation
- Women's Spirituality
- Spirituality Bestsellers
- Holy Cross Books
- Just Released
- Forthcoming Titles
Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Student Text) [Second Edition]
Framework Course V
Trim size: 8.5 x 11 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
On-sale date: November 1, 2018
Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Second Edition) helps students recognize the living presence of God's Incarnate Son in the Seven Sacraments, especially in the Eucharist. Organized around three dimensions of the sacraments -- Understanding, Celebrating, and Grace -- the text unpacks the origins, rites, and effects of the Seven Sacraments in a spiral design that follows a common structure from chapter to chapter.
The text provides a thorough coverage of core theological content listed in the Secondary Level Protocol of the USCCB curriculum framework for Course V in a pedagogically appealing way. The text is intellectually stimulating, but also accessible to students of all types of learning styles and skills, and who enter this course with varying backgrounds in theology.
Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Second Edition) is part of the most complete and encompassing support package to aid teachers in presenting the material for Course V of the USCCB curriculum framework. This includes lesson materials and planning guides in an east-to-follow Teacher's Wraparound Edition and the most extensive and helpful collection of online teacher and student support resources available.
This is a textbook primarily for first-semester juniors enrolled in a Catholic high school. It serves as the core textbook for a course Sacraments as Privileged Encounters with Christ as specified by Course V of the USCCB’s doctrinal framework.
Developed in collaboration with experts in theology, catechesis, and pedagogy, Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments (Second Edition) includes a number of new features as part of an innovative design, including:
- Chapter Focus Questions: Each chapter’s main idea is posed as a question to the student to provide a broader context in which new ideas can be integrated and understood.
- Infographics: A wide variety of visual and interactive designs throughout the text help students understand theological concepts in ways they will remember.
- Currents Events: Each chapter opens with a story from the contemporary world that teens can relate to their own lives.
- Educational Photos: Images throughout the text have been carefully chosen not only to illustrate the chapter but for teachers and students to use as educational tools.
- Note-Taking Graphic Organizers: Designed to help students organize, summarize, and sequence the text, various types of organizers were customized for every section of the book.
- Section Assessments: Each section includes pedagogically designed assessment questions with labels that show how the questions serve a variety of different learning styles.
- Online Resources: As always, teachers can access a wide variety of online resources at the Ave Maria Press website, including videos, PowerPoints, handouts, crossword puzzles, reading guides, and tests.
Download the Meeting Jesus in the Sacraments Scope and Sequence.
Classroom ResourcesSee All Resources
- Chapter 1 (Large)
- Chapter 1 (Medium)
- Chapter 1 (Small)
- Chapter 2 (Large)
- Chapter 2 (Medium)
- Chapter 2 (Small)
- Chapter 3 (Large)
- Chapter 3 (Medium)
- Chapter 3 (Small)
- Chapter 4 (Large)
- Chapter 4 (Medium)
- Chapter 4 (Small)
- Chapter 5 (Large)
- Chapter 5 (Medium)
- Chapter 5 (Small)
- Chapter 6 (Large)
- Chapter 6 (Medium)
- Chapter 6 (Small)
- Chapter 7 (Large)
- Chapter 7 (Medium)
- Chapter 7 (Small)
- Chapter 8 (Large)
- Chapter 8 (Medium)
- Chapter 8 (Small)
- Chapter 9 (Large)
- Chapter 9 (Medium)
- Chapter 9 (Small)
Directed Reading Worksheets
- Chapter 1: The Sacramental Economy
- Chapter 1: Pope Francis: The sacraments will make you strong!
- Chapter 1: A Sacramental Life
- Chapter 2: The Liturgical Year
- Chapter 2: Introduction to the Sacraments
- Chapter 2: The Purpose of the Sacraments
- Chapter 3: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 3: Pope Francis on the Meaning of Baptism
- Chapter 3: How Does Someone Become Catholic
- Chapter 4: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 4: Ignite Your Catholic Faith -- Why Is Confirmation Important?
- Chapter 4: What Happens at Confirmation?
- Chapter 5: History of the Eucharist
- Chapter 5: Bishop Barron on the Sacrament of the Eucharist as a Sacrifice
- Chapter 5: Sacraments 201: Eucharist (what we believe)
- Chapter 6: How Do I Go to Confession?
- Chapter 6: Mortal vs. Venial Sin
- Chapter 6: Why Do I have to Confess to a Priest?
- Chapter 7: Sacraments 101: Anointing of the Sick (who is it for)
- Chapter 7: The Meaning of Suffering
- Chapter 7: The Sacraments: Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 8: Why Are Catholic Priests Male? The Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 8: Priests Discuss Celibacy
- Chapter 8: Sacraments 101: Holy Orders (what ordination means)
- Chapter 9: CHOSEN: Lesson 16, Seg. 1: What Is Marriage?
- Chapter 9: The Sacrament of Marriage
- Chapter 9: The Domestic Church
- Chapter 9: Live the Love: Discover Natural Family Planning