Winner of a second-place award in family life books from the Catholic Media Association.
What happens to a mother’s heart when her children grow up and begin their own lives? How can she absorb the mixed emotions of anxiety and excitement, grief and hope?
In Giving Thanks and Letting Go, bestselling Catholic author Danielle Bean ponders her emptying nest and overflowing heart as she encourages you to join her in leaning on God and discovering the joy and promise of this sacred season of parenting.
Comforting, relatable, and practical, Giving Thanks and Letting Go shares Danielle Bean’s personal experience of launching her children into their adult lives. From this crucial moment in her motherhood, she offers sage advice as she reflects on the precious years she spent raising children and learning to trust in God’s providence.
In her most personal book to date, Bean, brand manager at CatholicMom.com, reveals the freedom she discovered as she tossed out old trophies and Nordic Ware; the release she feels when she lets herself sob with abandon; the pleasant satisfaction of extra space in her home and in her marriage; and the happy recognition of God's abiding presence through all the years of family life.
As you accompany Bean on her journey, you will learn to
- let yourself grieve;
- acknowledge that being a mom has never been easy;
- turn to your husband;
- give up control;
- accept the suffering with grace;
- trust in God to have the best plans;
- spark joy, give thanks, and move on; and
- nourish your soul, body, and mind.
Allow these familiar, comforting, and heart-tugging scenes from Bean's life and the lessons she’s learned be your trusted companion for reflecting on your own parenting journey.
Trim size: 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
“Poignant, and tender”
“Honest, filled with humor, poignant, and tender, this book is a great gift for any woman who seeks support in her vocation, helping her to see her life—just as it is—as ‘something beautiful for God.’”
Lisa M. Hendey
Founder of CatholicMom.com
“I loved this book!
“Danielle Bean’s words dove into the deepest recesses of my mom heart and gave me hope. I loved this book!”
Author of Live Big, Love Bigger
“Disarming vulnerability and humor.”
“Danielle Bean is a remarkable ‘everyday mystic’ who finds God in people, places, and circumstances that most of us might easily miss. Through disarming vulnerability and humor, her mysticism rubs off on us and helps us find hope, joy, and love in everyone and everything.”
Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC
Author of 33 Days to Morning Glory
- Giving Thanks and Letting Go (Companion Journal)$0.00
- Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible$64.95
- Living the Word Companion Journal$22.95
- Called by Name$20.95
- Live Big, Love Bigger$15.95
- Blessed, Beautiful, and Bodacious$15.95
- Awaken My Heart$17.95
- Small Steps for Catholic Moms$17.95
- A Book of Saints for Catholic Moms$18.95
- Awaken My Heart Prayer Journal$19.95
- The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers$21.95
- The Catholic Mom’s Prayer Companion$17.95
- Bless My Grandchild$14.95