Ave Maria Press designers and authors earned thirty one awards—including eight first-place honors—from the Catholic Media Association.
Real Presence: What Does It Mean and Why Does It Matter? by Timothy P. O’Malley, McGrath Institute for Church Life, for the popular presentation of the faith category
Adore: A Guided Advent Journal for Prayer and Meditation by Fr. John Burns and illustrated by Valerie Delgado for classical spirituality and best cover artwork by designer Brianna Dombo
Awaken My Heart Prayer Journal for design and production by designer Brianna Dombo
A Deacon Prays: Prayers and Devotions for Liturgy and Life by Deacon Greg Kandra in collections of prayers
Finding Sanctuary: How the Wild Work of Peace Restored the Heart of a Sandy Hook Mother by Jennifer Hubbard in memoir
St. Dymphna’s Playbook: A Catholic Guide to Finding Mental and Emotional Well-Being by Tommy Tighe in the healing and self-help category, also won ACP honors earlier this year
Reclaiming Vatican II: What It (Really) Said, What It Means, and How It Calls Us to Renew the Church by Fr. Blake Britton for first-time author of a book
Ave swept the following two categories:
Presentation of the Catholic Faith:
- Real Presence: What Does It Mean and Why Does It Matter? by Timothy P. O’Malley, McGrath Institute for Church Life, earned first place.
- Reclaiming Vatican II: What It (Really) Said, What It Means, and How It Calls Us to Renew the Church by Fr. Blake Britton won second place.
- What to Say and How to Say It: More Ways to Discuss Your Faith with Clarity and Confidence, vol. 2, by Brandon Vogt took third place.
Healing and Self-Help:
- St. Dymphna’s Playbook: A Catholic Guide to Finding Mental and Emotional Well-Being by Tommy Tighe earned first place.
Give Up Worry for Good! 8 Weeks to Hopeful Living and Lasting Peace by Gary Zimak won second place.
Be Restored: Healing Our Sexual Wounds through Jesus’ Merciful Love by Bob Schuchts took third place.
Ave Explores won second place for Best Podcast, Expression of Faith, and host Katie Prejean McGrady took third runner-up for Podcaster of the Year. The judges said Ave Explores has “excellent production value, deep subject matter, and a conversational and highly engaging format. A podcast others can aspire to.”
Other winners include the following:
Return to the Root: Reflections on the Inner Life by Joyce Rupp earned third place for contemporary spirituality.
- Just Rest: Receiving God’s Renewing Presence in the Deserts of Your Life by Sonja Corbitt earned second place for popular scripture studies.
- Real Presence: What Does It Mean and Why Does It Matter? by Timothy P. O’Malley, McGrath Institute for Church Life, earned second place for pastoral ministry catechetical resource.
- #Rules_of_Engagement: 8 Christian Habits for Being Good and Doing Good Online by Ann M. Garrido earned third place in the professional church category.
- Stumbling into Grace: How We Meet God in Tiny Works of Mercy by Mary Pezzulo won second place in Catholic social teaching.
- The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers, edited by Heidi Hess Saxton, won third place for collection of prayers, and Called by Name: 365 Daily Devotions for Catholic Women, edited by Kelly M. Wahlquist, Alyssa Bormes, and Allison Gingras, won honorable mention in the same category.
- Give Up Worry for Lent! 40 Days to Finding Peace in Christ by Gary Zimak earned third place for backlist beauty.
- Finding Sanctuary: How the Wild Work of Peace Restored the Heart of a Sandy Hook Mother by Jennifer Hubbard earned second place in best cover artwork designed by Brianna Dombo and third place for first-time author of a book.
- Awakening at Lourdes: How an Unanswered Prayer Healed Our Family and Restored Our Faith by Christy Wilkens won third place in the memoir category.
- Ten Ways to Pray: A Catholic Guide for Drawing Closer to God by Carolyn Pirtle, McGrath Institute for Church Life, won third place for best new religious book.
- Seriously, God? Making Sense of Life Not Making Sense by Michael White and Tom Corcoran won third place in grief and bereavement.
- Our Not-Quite-Holy Family won second place for family life and took the first-place award from the Association of Catholic Publishers last month.
- Tenderness: A Gay Christian’s Guide to Unlearning Rejection and Experiencing God’s Extravagant Love by Eve Tushnet won second place in gender issues, inclusion to the Church.
- The Old Testament [Third Edition] Our Call to Faith and Justice earned honorable mention in design and production by designer Andy Wagoner, and Adore: A Guided Advent Journal for Prayer and Meditation earned second place in the same category by designer Brianna Dombo.
- Real Presence$14.95
- Reclaiming Vatican II$17.95
- St. Dymphna’s Playbook$17.95
- What to Say and How to Say It, Volume II$16.95
- Be Restored$17.95
- Return to the Root$18.95
- Awaken My Heart Prayer Journal$19.95
- Seriously, God?$16.95
- Stumbling into Grace$15.95
- A Deacon Prays$14.95
- The Ave Prayer Book for Catholic Mothers$21.95
- Called by Name$20.95
- Give Up Worry for Lent!$13.95
- Give Up Worry for Good!$15.95
- Finding Sanctuary$15.95
- Awakening at Lourdes$17.95
- Ten Ways to Pray$13.95
- Our Not-Quite-Holy Family$15.95