One Sunday at a Time
Publication date: October 14, 2022
What if ten minutes a week could help you experience Sunday Mass more fully and deepen your love of the Word of God?
“Bible Geek” Mark Hart makes that possible with One Sunday at a Time, the essential companion to the Sunday readings and the ideal resource for busy Catholics who want to get more out of Mass.
After almost thirty years in ministry, Hart says he hears two questions most often: “How do I get more out of Mass?” and “Where do I start?”
His response? Begin with what you’re already doing—going to Mass. You’ll understand the Bible better, receive God’s grace, and the liturgy will come to life for you in a whole new way.
The extra features of each Sunday are designed to help you initiate faith-based conversations with your family and friends, form the habit of scripture study, and carve out time for God every week. In this book you will find:
- brief summaries of the Mass readings for Sundays, major feasts, and solemnities in liturgical year Cycle A;
- engaging reflections that draw your attention to a primary theme and common threads among the readings each week;
- explanation of key Greek and Hebrew words in the biblical text; and
- fun facts and cultural context of the biblical world.
One Sunday at a Time also includes prayer and a weekly challenge to help put into practice the message of each week’s readings in your daily life. Wide margins are ideal for notetaking.
This beautiful, full-color book is perfect for use by individuals, families, RCIA classes, and small groups.
Trim size: 6 x 9 inches
Imprint: Ave Maria Press
Take a Look Inside the Essential
Guide to the Sunday Mass Readings!
“If you’ve always had that sense that you should do more with the Word of God each Sunday but didn't know how, this is the book for you! Mark Hart has written a set of 'spiritual exercises; based on the Sunday readings that are life-transforming!”
Author of Bible Basics for Catholics
“I can’t think of a better way to keep Bible in a Year listeners engaged in sacred scripture than to study and pray into the rhythm of the weekly Mass readings. And I can't think of a better resource than this little book or a better guide than Mark Hart.”
Fr. Mike Schmitz
Host of the Bible in a Year podcast
“History, humor, and heart.”
“This book is a perfect combination of history, humor, and heart. I’m grateful it exists to help men, women, and/or families fall deeper in love with our Lord and his Word.”
Founder and creative director
Blessed is She
“Prayer, reflection, and education.”
“Mark Hart uses his biblical expertise to bring hidden gems in scripture to life! It's the perfect combination of prayer, reflection, and education.”
Founder of Lux Ministries
- Our Not-Quite-Holy Family$15.95
- Welcoming the Christ Child with Padre Pio$13.95
- Gaze Upon Jesus$16.95
- Advent and Christmas$2.50
- 5-Minute Prayers Around the Advent Wreath$4.95
- Reflections during Advent (eBook)$4.99
- One Ordinary Sunday$16.95
- Word Made Flesh$11.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Hardcover)$49.95
- The Ave Catholic Notetaking Bible (Imitation Leather)$59.95
- Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible$64.95
- Living the Word Companion Journal$22.95
- This Is Our Faith (Revised and Updated Edition)$17.95
- The Seeker’s Catechism$9.95